Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD tweets

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon says that 12.5 and 12.6 are in early testing and predicts that once bugs are fixed, it will take over a year of driving to get 1 intervention:

I don’t understand how this is “doubling down on intervention rate.” He literally said nothing about the real intervention rate. All he said (in different words) is that when the intervention rate gets really really low, it will be really really low. Kind of tautological.

Reactions: DanCar
I don’t understand how this is “doubling down on intervention rate.” He literally said nothing about the real intervention rate. All he said (in different words) is that when the intervention rate gets really really low, it will be really really low. Kind of tautological.

I think "doubling down" was just AI Driver's way of saying that Elon is not backing down from his big promises about intervention rate improvement. In other words, Elon promised a big improvement (5-10x improvement) and he is "doubling down" by promising another big improvement again (1 intervention per year).

I think "doubling down" was just AI Driver's way of saying that Elon is not backing down from his big promises about intervention rate improvement. In other words, Elon promised a big improvement (5-10x improvement) and he is "doubling down" by promising another big improvement again (1 intervention per year).
I mean it seems clear that when all known bugs are fixed (which includes currently unknown bugs which become known once they cause problems), then it will be really good. Does not seem like he has made any commitments - if anything this Tweet backs way off of prior statements.

Reactions: Daniel in SD
I do think it is extremely unlikely that even with the logical interpretation of known bugs including unknown bugs, that this Elon Tweet will have any grounding in reality for 12.4/12.5/12.6 or whatever.

Of course he made no such commitment, making no mention at all of what version would achieve this.

Weak sauce. Goalposts have been entirely removed!

I mean it seems clear that when all known bugs are fixed (which includes currently unknown bugs which become known once they cause problems), then it will be really good. Does not seem like he has made any commitments - if anything this Tweet backs way off of prior statements.
Yeah this seems like an admission that 10.4 will not be 5-10x better. “Massive number of changes” = regressions in Elon speak.

When inevitably it doesn't have 1 intervention per year:

Elon 2025: "you're intervening it wrong"

c.f. iPhone 4: Jobs insisted on a particular metallic case/antenna design which the engineers told him would result in bad RF reception when people held it. Jobs insisted they go forward. People found it really did screw up the reception.

Steve said: "you're holding it wrong".

• Informative
FSD 12.4 going out now to select list of beta testers. The usual suspects:

Info about 12.4:
Changes in 12.4:
  1. Removal of steering wheel nag in ideal conditions
  2. Improved comfort by reducing acceleration and hard braking
  3. Seek parking spot when arriving at destination
  4. Reduced interventions by up to 5-10x
  5. All the features of the Spring Update such as Audible, new UI, Trip Progress bar and more
  6. For owners on update 2024.3.25, it'll also include the features in the 2024.8 update such as One-Time Charge Limits, New WiFi/Bluetooth menus, Updated turn signals and more
Progress can be monitored here: 2024.15.5 Official Tesla Software Update - Teslascope

Last edited: