Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But are you saying that people are now going to suddenly turn FSD off and use basic Autosteer/NOA on the highway? Or why would the mileage go down if they didn't upgrade AP/NOA to use the FSD stack?
Latest highest slope was during free trial period. Some new people used FSD City streets on Highway (much lesser extent on City Streets) and mileage went up rapidly. Highest usage rates on record.

Now trial is over. How do they maintain slope, and increase the slope?

Slope will go down without intervention after trial ends for all. They will not allow this. And it is preventable.

7 percent of 2024.14.6 is 2024.3.25/FSD 12.3.6 now and probably will jump to 30+ percent tomorrow. I think 2024.14.6+/FSD 12.4 may happen and it makes more sense.
Correct, as of right now the 7% of people getting 2024.14.6 are coming from 2024.3.25.
This tells me, that huge current drop into 14.6 will be waiting a while for V12.4.
The group not getting selected for 14.6 will be the 1st into V12.4 which will likely be on the 2024.14 branch.

It's safe to assume many OG Circle Jerk testers will be the 1st to get V12.4.

Last edited:
I have to intervene with the accelerator every few seconds so for me, my MPI is around 0.1-0.2.
Does it really go that slow or do you generally drive on the faster side (like 75 percentile) ?

ps : To me FSD going a little slower than max is not that big a deal. For eg. I set max at 40 mph on a 35 mph road. Usually it will go around 36 or 37, if there aren't a lot of cars zipping past us (which obviously is rare). But where it actually is useful is if the road is a new neighborhood road where somehow the speed limit is 50 mph and FSD correctly goes slower given the small unmarked road (around 25 mph). FSD also slows down at construction zones, which is good.

Correct, as of right now the 7% of people getting 2024.14.6 are coming from 2024.3.25.
This tells me, that huge current drop into 14.6 will be waiting a while for V12.4.
The group not getting selected for 14.6 will be the 1st into V12.4 which will likely be on the 2024.14 branch.

It's safe to assume many OG Circle Jerk testers will be the 1st to get V12.4.
I want to be first this time, I haven’t got 14.6 yet but my car can’t check for updates till morning

I’m on a long road trip now and experiencing two frustrating issues; rarely reads 65 mph signs and often refuses to move to the RH lane despite manually and repeatedly using the indicator, forced to disengage - crazy. Need to nail down some basic functions before having robotaxi dreams.
If there’s nobody creeping up behind you, you should find that it generally will stay in the left lane. When someone comes up behind you and there’s nobody in front of you, it should get over. (This is how I usually drive).

Highway logic isn’t using the new neural net stuff yet.

I want to be first this time, I haven’t got 14.6 yet but my car can’t check for updates till morning
I understand you gotta go fast, but the last thing I would be doing is checking for updates right now. V12.4 hasn't been released to any public cars that i am aware of. The discussion about if checking for an update has any effect or not has gone back and forth for years. My take is you are chosen in a group in order for every release of V12. Checking for an update may, and I stress may, speed up an update. It only speeds it up when you are already in the que for that release and you are basically waking ⏰️ the car up and it's checking if you have been selected.

Prior to V12, many of us OG testers in the beginning, would get the software updates within a couple of days of employees and the influencers and shills.
Then something changed, and sometimes the timing, or shuffle of the order changed and I don't know why.

Now with V12, it appears to have gone back to the original order like with V10.2 and early testers are always getting it faster. I have been in the 2 days after Chuck, @DirtyT3sla (Chris) , and Omar with every release. Chuck Cook and Dirty Tesla (Chris) are the good guys, as in Chuck's Unprotected Left Turn, Chris has a great youtube channel also. Omar is wholemars catalog... no comment on him. Dirty Tesla is a Tmc member who lingers around from time to time. I have had a few good dm's with him. Really nice guy. If you see this Chris, make a quick comment in this thread.

Tldr: Don't check for updates when you don't want was is being offered. Tesla decides who gets what. You are early, in the middle, or late. When you see what you want being just released in small numbers on teslafi, go burn 🔥 a check. Reason to not check, is you always have it available when the time comes and you have a shot to potentially start an update faster.

Before you ask, should I not install what's being offered? I would say take whatever they give you because if you don't, you may wait longer for the next que.

• Love
Reactions: LSDTester#1
I understand you gotta go fast, but the last thing I would be doing is checking for updates right now. V12.4 hasn't been released to any public cars that i am aware of. The discussion about if checking for an update has any effect or not has gone back and forth for years. My take is you are chosen in a group in order for every release of V12. Checking for an update may, and I stress may, speed up an update. It only speeds it up when you are already in the que for that release and you are basically waking ⏰️ the car up and it's checking if you have been selected.

Prior to V12, many of us OG testers in the beginning, would get the software updates within a couple of days of employees and the influencers and shills.
Then something changed, and sometimes the timing, or shuffle of the order changed and I don't know why.

Now with V12, it appears to have gone back to the original order like with V10.2 and early testers are always getting it faster. I have been in the 2 days after Chuck, @DirtyT3sla (Chris) , and Omar with every release. Chuck Cook and Dirty Tesla (Chris) are the good guys, as in Chuck's Unprotected Left Turn, Chris has a great youtube channel also. Omar is wholemars catalog... no comment on him. Dirty Tesla is a Tmc member who lingers around from time to time. I have had a few good dm's with him. Really nice guy. If you see this Chris, make a quick comment in this thread.

Tldr: Don't check for updates when you don't want was is being offered. Tesla decides who gets what. You are early, in the middle, or late. When you see what you want being just released in small numbers on teslafi, go burn 🔥 a check. Reason to not check, is you always have it available when the time comes and you have a shot to potentially start an update faster.

Before you ask, should I not install what's being offered? I would say take whatever they give you because if you don't, you may wait longer for the next que.
I think my phone checks for me though so its hard to avoid checking

You're suggesting the value of cruise control is that it spares you the physical fatigue of operating the pedal? But if you're looking for relief while driving, you are probably taking a long highway trip, in which case FSD is a bit overkill compared to any other cruise control +/- lane centering system, and probably even less safe for that matter. You only even need cruise control really, since most of the physical demand comes from keeping your foot engaged in a narrow range. Even more relief would come from massaging seats but you would have to look to a different manufacturer for that.
I use cruise control all the time, even city driving - I find it's the best way to keep me from speeding.

To your point, though, you implied that just because a system doesn't take away all the work it's worthless. A conclusion that is clearly false and I gave cruise control as an example but the point seems to escape you.

I use cruise control all the time, even city driving - I find it's the best way to keep me from speeding.

To your point, though, you implied that just because a system doesn't take away all the work it's worthless. A conclusion that is clearly false and I gave cruise control as an example but the point seems to escape you.
I get that you find it useful. But why would you buy FSD only to end up using cruise control? If you bought a computer but all you use it for is to make grocery lists, does that make the computer useful to you? I suppose so. But why not just buy a pen and paper?

I get that you find it useful. But why would you buy FSD only to end up using cruise control? If you bought a computer but all you use it for is to make grocery lists, does that make the computer useful to you? I suppose so. But why not just buy a pen and paper?
Nice comeback, you just smoked the Doc! Good thing he has me blocked or he would see this and stop refilling all the meds he overprescribes me!

🤦‍♂️🙄
And the point still escapes you. Not going to waste time trying to explain further.