Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed, but something tells me we might get .14
Something feels different... I am probably wrong though.
Anything is possible......except maybe FSDtester#1 being correct. 😲 🤣 For nearly 3 years now a many have predicted we would catch up or reman even, including myself (don't think we are all buddies 😍now because we can make the same mistake 🥴) and it has never happened. So I'm resigned that until it does I'm going to stick with precedent (although that even sounds dumb when talking about Tesla🤔😱).

But I think that BIG proof was just the last update. Out of touch Elon declared ALL would have V12 trial in a week. The engineers knew better and that 12.3.x would need rot be tried out/tested on all hardware combinations and bug fixes and proven before it was release to all.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing your experience. I agree this a tough edge case to resolve. Will see what happens after 12.5 comes along. Fingers crossed
My pleasure. One other thing I've noticed since getting a Tesla is the increased aggressiveness of other drivers at times, especially during rush hour or changing/merging lanes. At first thought it was in my head simply because I had a new car and was being overly paranoid but has happened too many times now to be a coincidence.

Most of the issues are being cut off to the point where the car either freaks out with the forward collision warning and scares the crap out of me or it intervenes entirely by braking. I've since changed the forward collision warning setting to late and also turned on Joe mode to reduce the volume of the warnings. Both seem to have helped.

My theory is some drivers are catching on they can cut off a Tesla because the car will react and let them in, especially if using FSD. Again it could all be in my head, but seems to happen much more often when driving the Tesla vs my F150.

We are being kept of 24.3.25 because when 12.4.x comes out it will be on 24.3.x or 24.9.x and if we move to 24.14.x we will be past it.
I am not sure 2024.3.x are being held now. I found several of what appear to be counterexamples on TeslaFi

With yesterdays wave of 2024.14, the number of updates from 2024.3.25 grew substantially to around 10% of the updates.

Among those were some which had been on FSD as far back as 2022 (e.g. FSD 10.69). These would be "OG" "testers", because they were on FSD before the wide release of 11.4.9.

So, just maybe, 2024.24.x will go out to everybody, including OG testers. In which case, 12.4 would probably be on 2024.14.6 or higher.

TeslaFi allows us to view the entire update history for each updated car by clicking Details. Finding the examples I cite took a bunch of clicking, but there are several old hands among the throngs of newcomers to V12.

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
I am not sure 2024.3.x are being held now. I found several of what appear to be counterexamples on TeslaFi

With yesterdays wave of 2024.14, the number of updates from 2024.3.25 grew substantially to around 10% of the updates.

Among those were some which had been on FSD as far back as 2022 (e.g. FSD 10.69). These would be "OG" "testers", because they were on FSD before the wide release of 11.4.9.

So, just maybe, 2024.24.x will go out to everybody, including OG testers. In which case, 12.4 would probably be on 2024.14.6 or higher.

TeslaFi allows us to view the entire update history for each updated car by clicking Details. Finding the examples I cite took a bunch of clicking, but there are several old hands among the throngs of newcomers to V12.
I'll bet these are people who had a subscription and let it lapse. This is THE SAME as it always was. People that let their subscriptions lapse get moved up and off the "Early Access". Nothing new about this.

Was the free month of FSD offered on V11.4.9, or is it only for cars with V12 ?

The reason I ask is that the now current release (2024.14.6 with FSD 12.3.6) will be the first opportunity for most owners to have V12. This could result in a flood of new FSD trial users coming to this thread. I wouldn't expect many to read all 668 prior pages of posts to get up to speed on the FSD experience.

You probably couldn't find anyone as ancient as me and @JulienW in that group?

• Funny
Reactions: LSDTester#1

The reason I ask is that the now current release (2024.14.6 with FSD 12.3.6) will be the first opportunity for most owners to have V12. This could result in a flood of new FSD trial users coming to this thread. I wouldn't expect many to read all 668 prior pages of posts to get up to speed on the FSD experience.
I think it might of been a mix. Certainly anyone who got a free V11 trial took it in the tailpipe... if they did, they should get another free month on V12

Btdubs, I put OG Circle Jerk testers in the group who were 2021. Mainly the safety score testers who were 100% and the 99%, who got in between September and November.

Yeah - except in a number of northeastern states - this is literally illegal - as there are highway signs clearly stating to stay out of the left lane unless you are passing. In MD state, I've literally seen people pulled over by police for this issue alone. No logic should be staying in the left lane by design - regardless of the circumstances - or the logic should know which state it is functioning in or be watching road signs that explicitly state not to do this.
How does it work in high traffic - it makes no sense to leave one lane empty when rest are jam-packed. My guess is all lanes will then be jam packed, so you are driving on the left lane - not just using it for passing.

You probably couldn't find anyone as ancient as me and @JulienW in that group?
Probably not, because I was looking only at the cars which have updated to 2024.14.6, and you have not. Yet. At the rate they are rolling it out, we should know in the next few days if folk on 2024.3.25 are or are not being held back.

If you are on TeslaFi, given the version and your mileage at your last update, your update history should be easy for anyone to view. This is only slightly creepy - the full VIN, location, etc are not published, of course.

How does it work in high traffic - it makes no sense to leave one lane empty when rest are jam-packed. My guess is all lanes will then be jam packed, so you are driving on the left lane - not just using it for passing.
That absolutely makes sense ... and not illegal. It would be silly to get a ticket in the left lane when it's ebb and flow has you going slower than the lane to your right.

Yeah - except in a number of northeastern states - this is literally illegal - as there are highway signs clearly stating to stay out of the left lane unless you are passing. In MD state, I've literally seen people pulled over by police for this issue alone. No logic should be staying in the left lane by design - regardless of the circumstances - or the logic should know which state it is functioning in or be watching road signs that explicitly state not to do this.
“stay out of the left lane unless you are passing.”

Now illegal in Florida too.

“stay out of the left lane unless you are passing.”

Now illegal in Florida too.
Hallelujah... I loved when they passed that law. It is the 1 thing that boggles my mind, how anyone can be so obtuse, to just sit and block multiple cars waiting to pass as they keep the same speed as the person in the right lane. The right lane driver as a courtesy, should slow down to let people get around. They however aren't required to do so. They aren't the problem, and usually don't slow down.
This left hand lane idiotic behavior is the only reason for highway disengagements for me. The benefits of Teslas, and especially the Plaid, is if I see that gap with the right lane, I take it. Then move directly in front of the left lane jerk, keep pace for a few seconds then speed up, turn on my right blinker for a long time so they know what a blinker looks like, and then get over. Pffts .... 😡🤬

Hallelujah... I loved when they passed that law. It is the 1 thing that boggles my mind, how anyone can be so obtuse, to just sit and block multiple cars waiting to pass as they keep the same speed as the person in the right lane. The right lane driver as a courtesy, should slow down to let people get around. They however aren't required to do so. They aren't the problem, and usually don't slow down.
Funny thing is - all left lanes here are carpool lanes.

So I wonder whether the law applies to left most "general" lane ...