Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't it bother you, at the extreme amount of waste here and No One Cares?
I can only imagine the news, if this somehow was a Tesla issue.
Case in point, the already large amount of MS3's waiting for delivery, is seen as a determent.
Certain people are seeing the glass as half full and the stock price today ($314.40 3:27p), reflects that pessimistic view.
It really does. It's a waste to buy back and crush these cars. They deserved the yuge fine, would be better for the environment to let the cars stay on the road, rather than crush and rebuild.

Marky Mark buys Chevy dealership in Columbus Ohio.

2.jpg

Mark Wahlberg, Jay Feldman to buy Chevy dealership

• Funny
Reactions: anticitizen13.7
Biggest factor was Munro’s report. A one-time harsh critic resoundingly undercutting the “can’t make a profit” and “no competitive advantage” false narratives.

The Thai tweeting mess being cleaned up some (Tuesday) cleared my head to see how many positive developments we are in the midst of, including the just lit booster rocket in Mod3 visibility for those with only low info exposure to Tesla (ie the BS headlines). Connecting those dots led me to see a very strong chance that perception will shift. I’m quite pleased that Elon will likely very shortly address FUD in format he can strongly make a case.

Re Munro- revision of analyst estimates for Tesla did not happen with the 5K announcement and might have been muted after earnings report 8/1. Munro’s report makes it more challenging to play as heavily the moving goal post game (ie, even if Q3 profit, just gamed, Q4, let’s see what happens when they have to sell $35K cars...) as it was before for analysts. Not saying some won’t do this, but, there’s more of a challenge to it, and the stick with the herd analysts (ie don’t stick ones neck out) are likely to shift from leaning to the skeptic herd to leaning with the bullish herd.

There’s just so much coming out so quickly undercutting most core bear false narratives, that not only will many retail shorts likely change their views, many may well come to see that they came to those views and lost considerable money due to a misinformation campaign that could feel as if it used them like pawns.

Thanks, @SteveG3.

In 9.5 months in addition to the things you mention we could have two solid earnings reports (Q4 2018 and Q1 2019), plus one marginal one (Q3 2018), x00,000 Model Y reservations plus some other goodies (TE ramping, Semi news, EAP/FSD developments etc.).

I've been thinking sometime before EOY 2020 as a rough timeframe for the sort of shift in perception you describe but definitely could be very noticeable over the next 9.5 months.

Last edited:
Durand MI. is for the Semi :), go right by there every two days, waiting to see the chrome shovels
An Update:
Confirmed: Ford bought Michigan Central Station
Ford previews its new Corktown offices
This is addition to our Sate Of The Plant, in house meetings where it was brought up that we were planed to change our production mix to start reducing the automatic transmissions to include "Possible--- new electric components".
I dare not spill the news because of what retributions can insue :)

Thanks, @SteveG3.

In 9.5 months in addition to the things you mention we could have two solid earnings reports (Q4 2018 and Q1 2019), plus one marginal one (Q3 2018), x00,000 Model Y reservations plus some other goodies (TE ramping, Semi news, EAP/FSD developments etc.). I've been thinking sometime between now and EOY 2020 as a rough timeframe for the sort of shift in perception you describe but definitely could be very noticeable over the next 9.5 months.

Yup. I picked 9.5 months to include that earnings call : )

Looks like I leapfrogged you re when the perception change is likely to occur. I think the last big shift will be in 4-5 years, by when people realize 1) long range EVs really are what most people want, 2) all the other automakers aren’t anywhere near supplying them and being an incumbent ICE automaker is far more a ball and chain than big muscle in the switch from ICE to EVs.

Marky Mark buys Chevy dealership in Columbus Ohio.

2.jpg

Mark Wahlberg, Jay Feldman to buy Chevy dealership
It would be fun to shop there if the dealership was filled with movie memorabilia from his career. I don't really see how that helps him sell cars, but he's rich enough that losing money on this dealership won't really be a thing to him. Just a fun lark to try and leverage his fame which is why it's now MARK WAHLBERG CHEVROLET.

• Funny
Reactions: anticitizen13.7
Thanks, @SteveG3.

In 9.5 months in addition to the things you mention we could have two solid earnings reports (Q4 2018 and Q1 2019), plus one marginal one (Q3 2018), x00,000 Model Y reservations plus some other goodies (TE ramping, Semi news, EAP/FSD developments etc.).

I've been thinking sometime before EOY 2020 as a rough timeframe for the sort of shift in perception you describe but definitely could be very noticeable over the next 9.5 months.

Adding to Steve's list, I take those 2 or 3 good to great earnings announcements, and I expect to see addition to the S&P 500. This is my own speculation / guess - my thinking is that if you're the S&P 500 committee, what publicly traded company bigger than Tesla isn't already in the index? And which big companies in the world are growing faster than Tesla? In short, I'm thinking the S&P 500 committee will be looking for excuses to add Tesla as soon as possible.

Big and growing fast - if I were running an index, I'd want that in the list :)

I see the S&P 500 addition, whenever it happening, as being a big awareness shift of the sort @SteveG3 is talking about.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden and Nathan
It would be fun to shop there if the dealership was filled with movie memorabilia from his career. I don't really see how that helps him sell cars, but he's rich enough that losing money on this dealership won't really be a thing to him. Just a fun lark to try and leverage his fame which is why it's now MARK WAHLBERG CHEVROLET.

The most interesting piece of this to me is - maybe this is the beginning of dealership sell-offs as their business model is sunsetting

• Informative
Reactions: Kiwi_Guy
Status
Not open for further replies.