Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GME and AMC stock action (out of main)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really shouldn't, but 200x $AMC @ $12.50, for shits'n'giggles...
I'm in for 100 as I want to see some shorts burn

amc.png

I'll kick in more if it starts to head down

Dammit, you guys are going to make me buy back in now. FOMO is a powerful drug.
Have you considered my investment thesis of 13 rocket emojis?

Would you please explain to this noob what "demand 100% margin for buying/selling" is? Thanks!
Not letting people leverage up.

a company's founders unregistered shares not included in the float number can be used by the stock broker where they are held to be lent out to short sellers. Now, the share owners or their broker can request that their shares not be lent out, but whether that happens all depends on the integrity of the broker and the wherewithal of the founder.

Wow, this is fascinating and so hard to believe. I think something like this should be illegal but it is not according to you. In another words, Elon's shares could have been use to short on his own company, sounds so ***** up.

Would you please explain to this noob what "demand 100% margin for buying/selling" is? Thanks!

It basically means cash up front. ie. if you want to buy $1000 of GME, you would have to have $1000 cash in the account and as soon as the shares are bought, the broker would take out that $1000. Normally, all accounts are margin accounts, so when you buy $1000 of GME, the broker doesn't take out $1000 for two days. In the meantime, they've effectively lent you $1000 to dick around with for two days.

Wow, this is fascinating and so hard to believe. I think something like this should be illegal but it is not according to you. In another words, Elon's shares could have been use to short on his own company, sounds so ***** up.

Yes, and very much legal. A broker friend of mine, when he worked at a big wall street firm told me he once got called by his trading desk asking if he could put his client's founder stock into a margin account so that the trading desk could borrow those shares for a short position. The broker refused since the founder was also the CEO of the now public company, but the trading desk tried hard to convince him to do it to help out the firm. Lesser mortals would have caved and most founders don't realize this wrinkle. That's one of the main reasons why I don't have my shares in a big wall street firm like GS, UBS, MS, etc.