Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone actually paid idle fees?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People might be too embarrassed to admit having had to pay idle fees. Perhaps you should ask, "Does anyone have any 'friends' who had to pay idle fees?"
Well, I was concerned about that, but I only needed one person to fess up or wordsmith some answer that didn't incriminate themselves. Maybe Tesla is just waiving all the fees at this point.

Let's try it this way: Poll: Have you actually paid idle fees?

Reactions: SMAlset and SSD420
5min after the car has notified you it finished charging is just about a predictable as you could possibly get. Y̶o̶u̶'r̶e̶ .... your friend is a funny guy.

My friend thinks the problem is with the notification 1) coming at an unpredictable time that is hard to estimate for laymen (stall sharing, charger conditiong etc.) 2) being unreliable in itself (notifications do not always work) 3) coming from an app that not everyone can/will use (SMS would at least be better). :)

When do idle fees start occurring? Is it when your car reaches 100%? Or when you have enough to reach the next supercharger or destination (if you have Navigation ON)?

I am also wondering this as well. I can't imagine it is when you have enough to reach the next SC b/c that figure is never, EVER correct. I has to be from when the car stops charging.... either at 100% or the preset limit.

My friend thinks the problem is with the notification 1) coming at an unpredictable time that is hard to estimate for laymen (stall sharing, charger conditiong etc.) 2) being unreliable in itself (notifications do not always work) 3) coming from an app that not everyone can/will use (SMS would at least be better). :)
Please don't start this series of posts all over again. Anyone who wants your voluminous thoughts only has to read the dozens of pages in the previous thread on this topic.