Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many of you will/may transition to CyberTruck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

It’s true, forums (and any Social Media platforms) can be tough places at times. Definitely not for the thin skinned type.
Thank you for the advice! I see now that reminding ourselves to freely attack logics but refrain from that of person can be interpreted as thin skinned. While labeling can be fun, particularly for some of us who are easily amused, it’s easily misunderstood on forums such as this where we try to exchange thoughts a few words at a time, sometimes not well-thought-out ones. It’s all good. I’ve lost track of what we’re last on.

Thank you for the advice! I see now that reminding ourselves to freely attack logics but refrain from that of person can be interpreted as thin skinned. While labeling can be fun, particularly for some of us who are easily amused, it’s easily misunderstood on forums such as this where we try to exchange thoughts a few words at a time, sometimes not well-thought-out ones. It’s all good. I’ve lost track of what we’re last on.
Yes, Probably best to avoid labels and name calling.
I find TMC to be much better than other social media sites but still occasionally things get heated.

Reactions: ChiefRollo
They did the same with the model 3. $35k 300 mile car announced in 2016. I fell for it. And love the crap out of my cars (s/x now). But it’s definitely a bait and switch.
They absolutely did not, I watched both the 2016 announcement live and the delivery event in 2017. The car announced in 2016 was $35k and 220 miles of range. The car delivered in 2017-2018 was $50k and 310 miles of range (I know because I have one).

Last edited:
Yes, Probably best to avoid labels and name calling.
I find TMC to be much better than other social media sites but still occasionally things get heated.
TMC and RivianForums are pretty good, in that regard. If there are any Tesla long-timers here (like me) the worst was [email protected] - Tesla's own unmoderated forum. That was brutal and the "Wild West" of forums. ZERO "Forum Decorum". Anyone here remember that cesspool?

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
if you don't use the bed and don't care about having street tires (= don't offroad) ... then why would you pick the CT over the X ?

and yes - The interior of the Cybertruck looks as spartanic over even worse than the Model 3.
As mentioned by others. VTH.

An X is something that just doesn't work where our campground is and it just sits there 100kwh of battery doing nothing.

It's not off roading to get there. Just FS roads. I drive the S and 3 there, but it is cringe worthy to see the dust on alcantara headliners and dash after a couple months. Yet it's a place where I don't want to tend to a car. I want to relax. So I want something that really I don't care about range.

I have full off grid setup craving a EV truck. I drive in no more than a hundred miles away from camp. Cybertruck gives me enough juice along with a separate solar array plus another battery setup to supplement. AC tents and Airstream.

I wish it was more Spartan. Perforated seats don't really jive well without door rugged adventures. Would love a hose out interior. Maybe the police version from Beverly Hills might have that.

When I have my own grid I tend to care less about the brand. I really would like some of the other compelling EV small shops Canoe Bolinger truck, but I worry about longevity of company and service.
IMG_20220224_223212.jpg

They absolutely did not, I watched both the 2016 announcement live and the delivery event in 2017. The car announced in 2016 was $35k and 220 miles of range. The car delivered in 2017-2018 was $50k and 310 miles of range (I know because I have one).
It was “At least 215 miles of range” and 35k. Either way it wasn’t 35k. I ended up with the stealth 3 in 2018. I gladly paid 64k then gladly got back $5k.