Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

in 1999 I popped the back window out of my Nissan...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What does that have to do with the Cyber(nota)truck?
Whatever they call the bed cover thingee. I saw this recently shared photo of the cyber(nota)truck hauling a bunch of tires,
The tires seem to be nice and secure in there... So I looked to see if the bed cover was partially deployed, and then locked in place so it was what was keeping the tires from rolling around, which would have kept that table in the bed of my Nissan Pick-up from sliding forward and popping out my back window.
Elon said there would be some surprise features. Imagine being able to cinch down whatever is in the back by using the cover thingee.

What does that have to do with the Cyber(nota)truck?
Whatever they call the bed cover thingee. I saw this recently shared photo of the cyber(nota)truck hauling a bunch of tires,
The tires seem to be nice and secure in there... So I looked to see if the bed cover was partially deployed, and then locked in place so it was what was keeping the tires from rolling around, which would have kept that table in the bed of my Nissan Pick-up from sliding forward and popping out my back window.
Elon said there would be some surprise features. Imagine being able to cinch down whatever is in the back by using the cover thingee.
Haha this popped up towards the front So I thought I'd look and see what I was talking about.
In it you can see how enthused and how much I supported Tesla/Elon.
But about the topic of securing stuff in the bed of a regular pick-up truck. From the Original post you can see I have, owned, and actually "use" pick-ups. And I wanted to love the Cyberturd. But they even screwed up the bed.
One of the safest and securest ways to carry items in the bed of a pick-up is to move them as far forward in the bed as you possibly can. They should be right up against/flat against the bedwall between the cabin and the bed. Not only does this keep the weight distributed between the front and back tires closer to where you need it for handling, but it also guarantees that if you make a quick stop the load won't shift forward. I was lucky to just lose a back window in my " free lesson" on load positioning and securing.
You put it against the very front wall because you can't stop someone from "not seeing you and pulling out into your lane." But you can control how fast you accelerate so you don't cinch it down at the back of the bed.
But the fool that designed the cyberturd (and I have to believe that guy Elon did it alone or with "Yes men") really didn't have much experience with pick-ups, and should not have designed one...excuse me. that should have read, "attempted to design something and then called it a truck because as Butthead said to Beavis, "Heh ehe, Trucks are cool, let's call it a truck. hehehehe."
Ya know Elon looks a lot like Butthead?!

• Disagree
Reactions: Yelobird