Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the new Macan EV a MY killer?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If Tesla could continue to improve cars instead of going in the wrong direction (no radar, no USS, yokes, no physical gear shift, no turn stalks, bumpy suspension, terrible service, etc.), then folks would stay loyal. Tesla is forcing people to look at other brands.

I still love Tesla's tech and overall UI but these other features are lacking.

Unlike ICE vehicles, does a Porsche offer any special driving experience when it comes to EV? I believe the driving experience between EVs are not drastically different compared to ICE cars. The Taycan is a joke. With roughly 200 miles of range and a price of 100k+ I sometimes wonder who are the idiots buying these. I would rather go with Porsche ICE than buy their EV.

When the Jupiter upgrades to the Model Y are considered, there will be few reasons for most to consider the Porsche. If the Macan is in high demand, the Dealerships will tack on additional markups, making it even less competitive.

There will always be those willing to pay very high prices to get the Porsche goodness. They usually feel great to drive, look good in the driveway and appeal to the buyers Ego.

When the Jupiter upgrades to the Model Y are considered, there will be few reasons for most to consider the Porsche. If the Macan is in high demand, the Dealerships will tack on additional markups, making it even less competitive.

There will always be those willing to pay very high prices to get the Porsche goodness. They usually feel great to drive, look good in the driveway and appeal to the buyers Ego.
Heck, if my financial situation changes, I'd consider a Macan EV just for the improved seats alone. Tesla 3/Y seats are very basic, very small for tall drivers, and don't hold you in at all during hard cornering.

Amazing how much Tesla's fabricated numbers influences perception. In real life the Taycan gets better range.
Range is everything in an EV. No one buys a Taycan to drive at 60 MPH and get an improved range. For that price range it should have at least 300 miles of range for it to have a chance unless you are buying it to park it in your drive way to flaunt.

Reactions: Skavatar
Unlike ICE vehicles, does a Porsche offer any special driving experience when it comes to EV? I believe the driving experience between EVs are not drastically different compared to ICE cars.

They are well built, tested, luxury cars.

How can you consider an unreleased model and say there's few reasons to consider another car? Not that MY drivers are typically cross shopping Macans.

• Funny
Reactions: Krugerrand
Guys, wifey and I own two Teslas (M3 SR and MY LR AWD). We use our MY to go back and forth between Cape Cod and just south of Tucson AZ twice a year. Double dare ya to do that in the Macan!! 😎

Rich
The Macan EV just posted a 322.5mi actual range (Albeit to an unrealistic near-0% SoC) on a 70mph range test by Out of Spec Reviews. The Macan should require less charging than any Model 3/Y. It's got great real-world range.

Plus, NACS is coming for Porsche, so Supercharging won't be a problem.

The Macan EV just posted a 322.5mi actual range (Albeit to an unrealistic near-0% SoC) on a 70mph range test by Out of Spec Reviews. The Macan should require less charging than any Model 3/Y. It's got great real-world range.

Plus, NACS is coming for Porsche, so Supercharging won't be a problem.
Of course other makes like Porsche et al will only have access to about half the Tesla charging stations, not all of them like Tesla owners. But it will be a big improvement over the public chargers other makes have access to now. And other makes may be charged a (slightly) higher rate per kWh, as it should be since they paid nothing toward the 22K+ chargers in the US and 50K worldwide.

If Tesla could continue to improve cars instead of going in the wrong direction (no radar, no USS, yokes, no physical gear shift, no turn stalks, bumpy suspension, terrible service, etc.), then folks would stay loyal. Tesla is forcing people to look at other brands.

I still love Tesla's tech and overall UI but these other features are lacking.
This is correct. Right this minute Elon is enjoying the sizeable lead he has on a charging network and a clunky, yet rapid software update capability, as well as just overall experience of the service centers. But as more BEVs are released the drawbacks listed above will start to show unless they're resolved. I figure he's trying to time it so that he doesn't spend money on improvements like build quality, suspension improvements, etc. a minute sooner than he absolutely has to.

This thread must have been started by a Porsche fanboy wanting to stir the pot. MY owners wanted an SUV at the $45K to $53K max and evident by being the number one vehicle in the world, we are very happy.

The Macan is a $80K plus purchase up top with the Model X, Fisker, Lucid Gravity, Volvo XE90, Merc EQE, etc.
In this bracket, the Macan should be very competitive.
Please dont stir the pot. Enjoy your Macan.