Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there something wrong with MYLR?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is very hit and miss as to whether you see the reduced speed limits in school zones, the one down the road from me in Carina shows the reduced speed limits in the morning (7am to 9am) but not in the afternoon (2pm to 4 pm)

Some school zones in my area they don't show at all

Hi,

We have a new MYLR and I really need to know if ours is faulty, or if autopilot is just this bad generally.

Examples:
Normal dumb cruise control - random roads it just won't work on, it knows the speed limit but won't do it. There are multiple roads where it does this.
Submitted a bug report about the above issue and then the bluetooth wouldn't work again until the entire screen/computer was soft reset
Advanced autopilot (autosteer) is nowhere near the centre of the lane, but only on left hand bends - it is extremely close to the dividing lane, meaning that if there are oncoming vehicles also close the divider, it's pretty worrying, especially with trucks.
Lane departure absolutely does not alert you about drifting into oncoming traffic, it ONLY works if you are leaving the road on the left.
Cruise control will often throw us into a roundabout far too fast, then slow to a crawl when exiting.
The windscreen wipers can't be turned off when using cruise control (which I understand is due to the cameras at top of windscreen) but they are simply erratic, sometimes in rain you can't see through they'll not come on, other times they'll be having an absolute fit when it isn't raining at all, or when it's extremely light, essentially just misting.

We paid the extra $5k for the advanced autopilot and I won't even use it, it's far too disconcerting to use.

The car is otherwise fantastic but we really bought it for the smarts, and I think ours has been lobotomized.

Thanks
My 2024 MYLR operates exactly as you have described... nearly word for word.

Fit and finish on mine are very good. Better than I expected, given the reputation for poor F&F. The ride is a little jiggly, but generally the vehicle dynamics are quite good. Seats are comfy and supportive; audio is very good. Supercharging seemed very good at first, but recently I've run into many chargers that are out of service.

On the other hand, I have yet to experience any customer-facing software-entailed system that works well. FSD is laughable. The wipers are laughable. Voice recognition is about 30% as good as Google's "Hey Google..."

Much of the ordinary "behind the scenes" algorithm-based software for things like charge control, power delivery, body control, etc appears to work OK.

My gut feeling is that the car will function well, and probably last a long time, if I use the "automated" features as rarely as I can.