Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maine Scenic Drive convoy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Gwgan

Almost a wagon
Aug 11, 2013
Maine
My plans for the Katahdin Scenic Byway Rally October 2021 with dinner and a meetup is still on the calendar for October 2021 (you might want to look at reservations now if you want to make a weekend of it) BUT…
is anyone interested in a simple physically-distanced convoy along a more southern Maine Scenic Drives - Foliage, Highways, National Byways this August or September? Just a masked wave at the Superchargers and a phalanx of Teslas for a couple of midday hours. Maybe with some outdoor picnic lunch worked into the agenda.
Thinking about the Explore Maine Scenic Byways: Pequawket Trail (Route 113)
https://www.maine.gov/tools/whatsnew/attach.php?id=98653&an=1
Juice up in Portland. Trail formally starts about 20 minutes west, longer if one stops for Adventurously Flavored Gourmet Chocolate Hand-Crafted in Maine.
Drive north northwest with the sun behind us up into the mountains and then downhill to the Bethel Supercharger.

Anyone familiar with this area? Stop, view, picnic suggestions?
Is 2+ hours driving too long for a caravan?

A Better Routeplanner
IMG_2504.png

Reactions: Tdreamer
I’m not in a position to request a https://www.maine.gov/covid19/sites/maine.gov.covid19/files/inline-files/ME Certificate Compliance_July2020.pdf but state rules are listed here Keep Maine Healthy | Covid-19
But this is why I foresee a socially distanced non-gathering. Pack a lunch!
Thanks for the link. It's what I expected (MA is not on the exempt list at this time, but that can change obviously). The form is about staying someplace, not "passing through" as a driving day trip would be. Common sense with the well-being of others, as always, applies.

9/5 better than 9/6 but can do either, can’t do 8/22,23. Can go weekdays too.

I'm in for 9/5 (preferred) or 9/6! Let's see if @kayak1 and @drx10 will join in...

Hey! Just checking out my calendar. I wouldn't be able to do 9/5 unfortunately. And can do 9/6 - just have to be back by roughly 7 pm! :) The latter part of my Sept and all of Oct are wiiiiideee open though :cool::D

Reactions: kayak1
Reactions: Gwgan
Sadly, Maine is not a Covid respite but I think we can manage to minimize exposure with sitting in cars and standing apart outside.
Inn that hosted Millinocket wedding reception cited for violating Maine virus gathering limits
Thirty-two cases have now been linked to the wedding …Eighty-seven percent of the cases that have been discovered so far have been in people with symptoms, he said.
Three of the people infected did not appear to have attended the wedding or reception, Shah said.
One person so far has been hospitalized

• Informative
My wife and I were at the Bethal supercharger on Aug 9th planning on getting BBQ from across the street. The Irving where the supercharger is was full of bikers and a few trucks. Most of the stalls were blocked and hardly a mask to be found.

As the people in the BBQ trailer serving the food and nobody in line had masks we left without lunch. The BBQ from the pits looked and smelled great.

Doing a preview run today. Charging at Portland. Saw 4 Teslas on the way down, 4 more than usual. MD NJ NY plates at the SC. Hannaford insisting on masks.
Will be watching for poor cell signal areas and road comditions.

• Helpful