Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Handover Event -- July 28, 2017

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Try this Tesla SSO - Login

upload_2017-7-29_9-43-16.png

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo and GSP
Did you miss the beginning of the live-stream? Roadster owners maybe not mentioned, but they did pay homage to the Roadster itself and its' place in Tesla's history. And they had a Roadster on display at the event.

Yeah I know, my point was only that Elon gave thanks to S/X owners but not Roadster owners.

(I have no idea why some people rated my post as Funny, I was being serious...)

Bruce.

Then i suggest you head to a showroom once they put it on display. They said they specifically designed it to increase passenger space at the expense of trunk space. IMHO it will not be as luxurious a sitting in a model s or x, but should have ample room compared to other vehicles in it's class.

Your suggestion is duly noted in my log, but I'll pass. Thanks dad.

• Funny
Reactions: doug and EVie'sDad
Interesting... that's exactly the same as mine says. Except my second (actually my first, numerically, but second on the page) is for Australia. I think:
a) it's ignoring the fact that the reservation is for Australia, and
b) this means they're artificially delaying 2nd cars.

Roadster owners have always been treated like crap.
Not even ANY way to recharge them at Superchargers.
They could have easily put a plug on SC's for them. Instead nothing. And Roadster owners risked far more then S owners.

I was always treated extremely well as a Roadster owner. Lack of Supercharging is due to the fact that the battery packs weren't designed to accommodate it.

Model 3 delivery estimate!!

View attachment 238465

Mine says November - January. Are you a Tesla owner?

Also, any idea why the First Production option reads $49000, rather than $44000? The only two add-ons that make up the difference are Enhanced Autopilot or the Premium Interior Package, but I haven't heard anything about either being required for the first production models.

Mine says November - January. Are you a Tesla owner?

Also, any idea why the First Production option reads $49000, rather than $44000? The only two add-ons that make up the difference are Enhanced Autopilot or the Premium Interior Package, but I haven't heard anything about either being required for the first production models.

The First Production vehicles include the following options ... pricing from the press kit.
Paint and wheel upgrades are extra :cool:
  • $35,000 Base Model 3
  • $9,000 Long Range Battery
  • $5,000 Premium Package
  • $49,000 Total First Production
upload_2017-7-29_11-34-27.png

Given the high initial cost of any first production thing, it makes financial sense to start production off on a model variation that will keep money in house, just like the S and X did to allow them the goal of a mass market 3. Kills me how some press (think it was Jalopnik) tried to spin this release and early production as not being able to produce the car for what they said. I'm also sure Tesla wants to make certain all the bugs are worked out on single motor before offering AWD. While it would be nice for owners to be able have more initial choice of battery options and such, running the line with set options now has to be the most efficient way to go to get the most cars out to the most people.

So he said the reservation count is now 500,000+. That's a pretty frightening "burden" to think of really. He and Tesla are trying to make people happy and knowing there will be glitches along the way to meeting that goal has to be something you just push through as smartly as you can. Liked his quote of going through hell and keep on going.

Last edited:
Reactions: neroden