Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you have to. There is no excuse for this to be waved off as an acceptable manufacturing variable. If you're financing, get the financing company involved. After all, it's their car until you pay it off. But the most effective time to do it is at delivery. Refuse delivery until it's fixed.
Refusing delivery is great advice. Suing is ignorant because you signed a deal saying you wouldn't for "cosmetic" reasons. Also, the bank doesn't own the car. The rest of the advice is suspect. The manufacturing specification explanation was weak too. It adds no value to the current situation. Tesla WON'T and SHOULDN'T tear into the car if there's no ability to adjust. An engineer should know that. Don't get the car if that bothers you, period.

Refusing delivery is great advice. Suing is ignorant because you signed a deal saying you wouldn't for "cosmetic" reasons. Also, the bank doesn't own the car. The rest of the advice is suspect. The manufacturing specification explanation was weak too. It adds no value to the current situation. Tesla WON'T and SHOULDN'T tear into the car if there's no ability to adjust. An engineer should know that. Don't get the car if that bothers you, period.
There shouldn't be a reason to tear into the car for something like the light strip. It's a door alignment issue.

The only thing bothering me right now is that I had to wait two weeks to take delivery on a car that I've already made a down payment on and had insured because of a separate but equally unacceptable manufacturing defect.

There shouldn't be a reason to tear into the car for something like the light strip. It's a door alignment issue.

The only thing bothering me right now is that I had to wait two weeks to take delivery on a car that I've already made a down payment on and had insured because of a separate but equally unacceptable manufacturing defect.
Can you clarify that it is "just" a door panel alignment issue? If it is JUST a door panel alignment issue, then WHY refuse delivery? You have every right to refuse as many as you want. But to call it unacceptable just adds your personal bias which means nothing to anyone here. It's better if we can all be transparent and analytical then let each person CHOOSE their preferences or what they deem "unacceptable".

Can you clarify that it is "just" a door panel alignment issue? If it is JUST a door panel alignment issue, then WHY refuse delivery? You have every right to refuse as many as you want. But to call it unacceptable just adds your personal bias which means nothing to anyone here. It's better if we can all be transparent and analytical then let each person CHOOSE their preferences or what they deem "unacceptable".
My post was for people who get the "It's in spec" line when they bring up a misaligned lights, to give them a little ammo to fire back with as an informed customer. If that doesn't apply to you, or you get nothing of value from it, I'm not sure what to tell you other than "Ok."

FWIW - Although my delivery was briefly delayed, I thought the entire experience was pretty great. Much easier/faster than taking delivery at a "normal" car dealer. And more importantly my experience with the car (3 days and 150 miles) has been incredible. The Model 3 is more or less 90% of the S but at half the cost. I'm glad to be back in the Tesla world.

I love how you dont even have a horse in the game. Just here to troll on behalf of tesla. Why not just go on twitter and comment on peoples post

First time Tesla owner and newb here. I posted this in the wrong forum the other day, so I'm reposting again here:

Ordered online in the wee hours of Sunday morning (like 12:30 AM), and one was available in stock 30 miles away. However, no set delivery date, and I can't make a final payment yet. Any idea of the holdup since it was already at the dealership? Is this normal? Anyway, here's the details:

Ordered: May 12 (right after midnight), was listed as in stock nearby
Car: Model 3 Rear-Wheel Drive, Stealth Grey Paint, black interior
Order type: Lease
VIN: May 12, almost immediately after ordering (likely since the car is already at the dealership)
Trade-in: Yes, offer accepted
Complete tasks in app: Yup, insurance and everything else it let me input
Est. Delivery: May 17 - May 24 - Every day since Sunday it's moved up a day. For example, yesterday was "Est. Delivery: May 16 - May 23" the day before was "Est. Delivery: May 15 - May 22" etc. Every day goes up another day.
Delivered: I hope by the time you read this lol!

Update 1: I called Tesla staying my situation, and the woman said it was unusual since it was already at the dealership when I ordered. I got the following text massages from her after I called:

Hi ***, this is *** I just reached out to the show room advisors. I'll update you as soon as they reply to me.
I'm starting to worry a little. 😬 Anyone ever have a similar issue when ordering?

Update 2: Got a text, for what it's worth:

We're still clearing a lot of pre-delivery inspections (A task done to all new vehicles) due to an influx in orders but yours should be cleared soon

Reactions: evfangirl
@Zap! - I know you want your car and the delays are annoying, but I wouldn't sweat it. My delivery date slipped a little too because the car was late arriving (not applicable to you) and the store seemed super busy. I was surprised by how many cars they had on the lot. I'd thought it would be the opposite because of the overall dip in sales. Didn't seem like that applied to Nashville!

I bet you get your car soon. Tesla wants to book the sale and can't do so until you take delivery.

Side note: like you, once my date moved around I tried to contact them. I found it was much better just to message them in the Tesla app. They don't seem to like to talk on the phone - except during the sale process. As to the final payment, I think I became able to make the payment 24-48 hours before delivery but it didn't actually process until the delivery day. (I used the app and the Plaid system).

For reference: my comments are all based on a delivery from this past Wednesday.

First time Tesla owner and newb here. I posted this in the wrong forum the other day, so I'm reposting again here:

Ordered online in the wee hours of Sunday morning (like 12:30 AM), and one was available in stock 30 miles away. However, no set delivery date, and I can't make a final payment yet. Any idea of the holdup since it was already at the dealership? Is this normal? Anyway, here's the details:

The Tesla delivery centers are trying to move a lot of inventory now, with fewer employees, so they may have been a bit optimistic on your initial estimated delivery date. As a first timer I'm sure you're excited. Just hang in there and you'll driving in style soon.

As you move from newb to veteran status, you'll want to start saying delivery center rather than dealership. Tesla doesn't follow the traditional manufacturer/dealership model. When you go to pick your car up you won't be sitting for hours in some sales manager's office being upsold on options you don't need.

Good luck on your lease!

Ordered: May 12 (right after midnight), was listed as in stock nearby
Car: Model 3 Rear-Wheel Drive, Stealth Grey Paint, black interior
Order type: Lease
VIN: May 12, almost immediately after ordering (likely since the car is already at the dealership)
Trade-in: Yes, offer accepted
Complete tasks in app: Yup, insurance and everything else it let me input
Est. Delivery: May 17 - May 24 - Every day since Sunday it's moved up a day. For example, yesterday was "Est. Delivery: May 16 - May 23" the day before was "Est. Delivery: May 15 - May 22" etc. Every day goes up another day.
Delivered: I hope by the time you read this lol!

Update 1: I called Tesla staying my situation, and the woman said it was unusual since it was already at the dealership when I ordered. I got the following text massages from her after I called:

I'm starting to worry a little. 😬 Anyone ever have a similar issue when ordering?

Update 2: Got a text, for what it's worth:
For the record I ordered on Feb 3 and have to wait till the end of June for delivery…unless they delay it yet again…

Date moved from
IMG_0950.jpeg
to new EED bulll$hit
updated today
IMG_0965.jpeg

Complete and utter BS
People are getting vins for performance
1 In Chicago where I’m getting it
Same configuration
Also M3P starting showing up in SC
I’m a 1/10 order in the system even
though I switched
And instead of a vin I get pushed again
🤬

@Zap! - I know you want your car and the delays are annoying, but I wouldn't sweat it. My delivery date slipped a little too because the car was late arriving (not applicable to you) and the store seemed super busy. I was surprised by how many cars they had on the lot. I'd thought it would be the opposite because of the overall dip in sales. Didn't seem like that applied to Nashville!

I bet you get your car soon. Tesla wants to book the sale and can't do so until you take delivery.

Side note: like you, once my date moved around I tried to contact them. I found it was much better just to message them in the Tesla app. They don't seem to like to talk on the phone - except during the sale process. As to the final payment, I think I became able to make the payment 24-48 hours before delivery but it didn't actually process until the delivery day. (I used the app and the Plaid system).

For reference: my comments are all based on a delivery from this past Wednesday.
Thanks, I hope so. Tesla keeps telling me that they are trying to contact the delivery center but they aren't answering them. Odd that they are ignoring corporate, isn't it? Or do they not have to be concerned with corporate offices? I really wish I could pay and get it over with, even if they tell me next week.

I just messaged them in the app, thanks for the advice. Hopefully they don't think I'm a Karen and hold it for spite lol.
The Tesla delivery centers are trying to move a lot of inventory now, with fewer employees, so they may have been a bit optimistic on your initial estimated delivery date. As a first timer I'm sure you're excited. Just hang in there and you'll driving in style soon.

As you move from newb to veteran status, you'll want to start saying delivery center rather than dealership. Tesla doesn't follow the traditional manufacturer/dealership model. When you go to pick your car up you won't be sitting for hours in some sales manager's office being upsold on options you don't need.

Good luck on your lease!
Ahh yes, probably they are overwhelmed. I was more worried about an error in the system. As for calling them delivery centers, thank you. Hopefully I won't be a newb much longer. :)
For the record I ordered on Feb 3 and have to wait till the end of June for delivery…unless they delay it yet again…
Damn, that's horrible and I truly hope that you get your car soon. My case was a bit different, however, because when I ordered it said one was nearby at a delivery center. Calling them after 3 days, they said I should have gotten it already. It's now been 6 days.

So far I’ve not had an issue with mine.
I felt the stickiness for the first time this week after driving for 3 weeks. The feeling is that when trying to press it, it felt as if there's no button there as the usual button press feel is gone and felt flat. Shortly after it came back. My other recurring issue is with right scroll wheel not engaging autopilot/fsd consistently. sometimes 1 press works which is normal, other times 2-4 presses then autopilot/fsd kicks in. Same is true for disengaging.

Reactions: evfangirl