Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alright, @Tigers is this you? Seen you commenting on a couple videos now:

Screenshot (120)_LI.jpg

Screenshot (122)_LI.jpg

Last edited:
I am have any offer from Tesla to trade in my 2018 Nissan Altima. I can get $400 more if I sell it to Carvana. Does anyone have any experience with them. I probably won’t be able to get Carvana to pick up the car before the Tesla is delivered. My concern is that when caravan comes to get the car they will try to haggle on the price.
I sold my 2017 VW GTI to Carvana last year. Super easy process. Got an online quote and since I had mentioned that there's some scuff marks, they asked for a couple of pics. On the scheduled date, a guy with a tow truck came over, I signed a paper and off he went. There's no haggling involved and the guy didnt even really inspect. I got my money wired to my bank account by evening.

So, been doing more digging on insurance rates and learned something about Progressive, after more than an hour on the phone with them.

In summary:

1. Their auto rates are much much cheaper than Allstate, but there is a catch....
2. Catch #1, if you also need Homeowners, they shop that out to "HomeSite;" my rate quote was more than twice (yes, >2X) my Allstate actual cost
3. Catch #2, if you also need an Umbrella policy, they shop that out as well; my rate with their "ASI Affiliate" was 30% higher than Allstate
4. Catch #3, if you don't buy #2 and #3, the cost of #1 shoots up through the roof!

My advice: Trust no one's "online tools," unless you want surprises later. This is why I called and spend time working through the details. When I questioned the Progressive practice (low-ball auto and make it up on the other policies), the agent said, "Yes, this isn't the first time I've heard that comment". At that point, the Progressive agent put away that "pricing scanner," that you see in the ads, and thanked me for my time (he knew this wasn't going anywhere). YMMV.

Well that's a shame. My insurance went down over $1.7k a year switching from State Farm to Progressive, and my home insurance is through Nationwide (through Progressive, too - I switched then). That went up about $30 a year, so the decision was easy.

She is home sweet home. Dragy info tomorrow.View attachment 695783

That is the exact config I am going to get. Maybe a Plaid instead of LR, but who knows at this point. Looking good. Congrats!!

Anyone have any updated quotes on what Tesla is charging for insurance on an LR and a Plaid? Haven't seen those numbers thrown around.

Tesla insurance has been great with me through the accident I was just in with my M3P. No reason for me to switch on the new car unless Progressive really is that much cheaper.

On the topic of insurance companies, I recently got a favorable rate from StateFarm after progressive raised my 6 month premium by 30% overnight before renewal without any reason stated. Ended up getting a better rate with more coverage from StateFarm for same price pre-hike. Some companies seem to favor the safety features of Tesla. I had Geico before getting my first Tesla and half of the insurers including them were 2X over the lowest I could find from Progressive or others who value the safety features.

• Helpful
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I have a Red Plaid order from July w/ black interior, wood, and 21s. Similar to others on this thread I had a 2 week delivery window projected roughly two weeks out from the current day that shifted forward one day, every day for the last few weeks. This morning, it changed to February… wtf. Here’s where things get stranger, I also have a Red LR order from June w/ black interior, wood, and 19s. This weekend, the projection changed from October to ‘Nov 8 - 28’. So basically, if you believe this, I’m going to get the LR with 19s months earlier than the Plaid with 21s!? I know many of you will jump to ‘screw you dude, you order 6+ months later than me‘ but that isn’t my point. My point is - maybe order date does matter? Or maybe Red is an issue, but then why is the LR getting built sooner than Red Plaid?
Did you get a VIN yet?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid