Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S/X Round Steering Wheel & Retrofit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Certainly will be driver dependent. Ymmv.

But even if some of the display is blocked the wheel seems to be a massive improvement over the incorrectly implemented yoke.
I'm torn. I lose leg room with the wheel, too (especially getting in and out where I can turn the yoke 180 degrees for so much clearance for my tall ass. It's clear the car was designed around the yoke, that's for sure. I like the yoke for some things, and hate it for others, but ohlawdlet'snotturnthisintoanotheryokevswheeldebate. If the driver display had been designed around the wheel, I'd be in for a wheel, no question. I will, at some stage, go check out another wheel and see if I can get a bit more time with it and perhaps feel differently...

I'm torn. I lose leg room with the wheel, too (especially getting in and out where I can turn the yoke 180 degrees for so much clearance for my tall ass. It's clear the car was designed around the yoke, that's for sure. I like the yoke for some things, and hate it for others, but ohlawdlet'snotturnthisintoanotheryokevswheeldebate. If the driver display had been designed around the wheel, I'd be in for a wheel, no question. I will, at some stage, go check out another wheel and see if I can get a bit more time with it and perhaps feel differently...
Are you using the easy entry feature? The wheel goes all the way up and seat back.

I’ll need to get more time behind the wheel but so far i can’t see the yoke doing anything better for me

I'll give it another go, but there's so many things going on here that may not be the same between you and I, for example upper torso height versus lower torso etc. I have my seat at the lowest position, and the yoke at the highest position and out pretty much all the way toward me (give me maximum leg clearance), with the seat back quite a bit so my legs fit. With the wheel when I was sitting in a demo car, the top right and left of the driver's display was cut off.
Wondered why with this new screen gear selector why they had to make it so narrow on the left side of the screen. I assume if you're in park, the car knows you likely want to get into gear and they'd triple the width of the gear selector so you can quickly change gears. Since they ditched the gear stalk.

• Love
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
Just had the round wheel retrofit. I’m a bit dumbfounded on how much different the car feels in a very good way. There’s zero obstruction of the driver display. My only minor gripe is the wheel material is not supple like a real leather wheel. Oh, and the size is perfect Imo.
"Supple?"

No, just no.

I realize that your parents, like mine, probably told you that wearing and using the skins and other parts of tortured and murdered, animals was fine, normal, etc.?

They lied. It's called "Normalization of deviance."

Don't buy the lie anymore, and sure as heck don't spread it further . . . .

Tesla stopped using the body parts of tortured animals in their cars almost 6 years ago, give or take. This is why:

And, for good measure:

"If you're not part of the solution, you're going to be part of the problem."
--Eldridge Cleaver

Last edited:
"Supple?"

No, just no.

I realize that your parents, like mine, probably told you that wearing and using the skins and other parts of tortured and murdered, animals was fine, normal, etc.?

They lied. It's called "Normalization of deviance."

Don't buy the lie anymore, and sure as heck don't spread it further . . . .

Tesla stopped using the body parts of tortured animals in their cars almost 6 years ago, give or take. This is why:

And, for good measure:

"If you're not part of the solution, you're going to be part of the problem."
--Eldridge Cleaver
I saw that you posted in this thread, came in here expecting an absolutely insane response, and can happily report that I got exactly what I was hoping for!

Yet another update. So they are insisting it's done and all issues are resolved. Am I being too nit-picky where the fender lines up with the bumper (at the bottom)? I'd love your thoughts. Attaching a before picture for comparison's sake.
MicrosoftTeams-image (129) (1).jpg

Attachments

• unnamed2.png
    unnamed2.png
    969.5 KB · Views: 24
I saw that you posted in this thread, came in here expecting an absolutely insane response, and can happily report that I got exactly what I was hoping for!
I find it peculiar that when supposedly sane, educated, and ostensibly well informed adults are exposed to facts that challenge long-set world views, the response is not, "Hmmm. I was unaware of these facts and will modify my choices for the better."

Instead, it's the exact opposite: ad hominem attacks and "shoot the messenger." It's a complete dismissal of reality because it does not match the incumbent world view.

The human psyche is interesting (perhaps pathetic) no?

• Funny
Reactions: Hayseed_MS
I find it peculiar that when supposedly sane, educated, and ostensibly well informed adults are exposed to facts that challenge long-set world views, the response is not, "Hmmm. I was unaware of these facts and will modify my choices for the better."

Instead, it's the exact opposite: ad hominem attacks and "shoot the messenger." It's a complete dismissal of reality because it does not match the incumbent world view.

The human psyche is interesting (perhaps pathetic) no?
Sir, this is a Wendy's.