Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Hands On

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any version of "Track Mode" or some sort of Performance driving setting?

Thanks for the detailed info and patience to answer all our questions.

I think they picked the perfect person to have the first Model Y delivery....very well done!

I am also curious about this. While their is a PUP version, is it like the M3 and does it have the same features/capabilities? Or is it merely just a name for bigger wheels and red brake calipers? I noticed the rotor diameters are the same in all versions of the MY in the manual. Doesn't the M3 PUP have 2-piece rotors? Maybe this is why Tesla doesn't charge extra for the PUP.. its not really much of a upgrade.?

• There is no hidden receiver hitch included, but a spot we will be able to add one later.
Thank you for sharing. Lots of room in the back.

Based on your pics where you would bolt a receiver for at hitch does not immediately jump out at me. Does not look like too much, straight back, to bolt/weld to. Most likely will not be hooking the dump trailer to it anyway :D but for the cyclists I can see it may be important for a hitch/rack install be confirmed.

Understand that it is difficult to answer all our questions when you are out driving around ;).

Enjoy!

Does it have dual climate zones (driver and passenger) ?
Nope, didn't notice this, crazy!

I am also curious about this. While their is a PUP version, is it like the M3 and does it have the same features/capabilities? Or is it merely just a name for bigger wheels and red brake calipers? I noticed the rotor diameters are the same in all versions of the MY in the manual. Doesn't the M3 PUP have 2-piece rotors? Maybe this is why Tesla doesn't charge extra for the PUP.. its not really much of a upgrade.?
No track more I can see. Here is the driving screen.

Attachments

• IMG_20200314_070422.jpg
    IMG_20200314_070422.jpg
    506.8 KB · Views: 186
Thank you for sharing. Lots of room in the back.

Based on your pics where you would bolt a receiver for at hitch does not immediately jump out at me. Does not look like too much, straight back, to bolt/weld to. Most likely will not be hooking the dump trailer to it anyway :D but for the cyclists I can see it may be important for a hitch/rack install be confirmed.

Understand that it is difficult to answer all our questions when you are out driving around ;).

Enjoy!
Most hitches don't go straight back, but to the sides. I should have tried harder for pictures inside, but the door isn't easy to remove all the way.

Does it have dual climate zones (driver and passenger) ?
You mean for front vs. rear passengers?

Cause dual climate zone settings for each front passenger have always been available separately for temp & vent airflow.

Though one can argue that air level settings (head/feet/both) disqualifies the definition of dual zones.

Last edited:
Reactions: preilly44
Congrats on the MY from a fellow Utahn. Funny how you say you placed your order only in Jan and was one of the 1st ones to take delivery. We ordered a non-performance version, white interior, red exterior, 20" wheels in February and yesterday an inside rep from LV called us asking if we want to take delivery of the car in March. Its seems they are pushing hard to make the quarter-end sales numbers and perhaps have a lot of people backing out or delaying delivery given that they came in so much quicker than many anticipated. Also ours is cash / no -trade so maybe that has something to do with it also.

Thanks for all the info and pictures. I would echo the request for the 2nd row side view with an adult in there. Also interested in your general comments on how the car drives / feels on the road. My wife and I are having a really hard time deciding between X and Y (have orders on both!). Love the more premium interior of the X and space, but the $30k price difference is nothing to sneeze at.