Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEM-PS Annual True-Up Calculation [PG&E example]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are four components that make up the NBCs:
  • $0.02649 - Public Purpose Programs
  • -$0.00259 - Nuclear Decomissioning (yes, it is currently negative since 12/1/2024)
  • $0.00101 - Competition Transition Charge
  • $0.00561 - Wildfire Fund
So, the two that remain would reduce the NBC to $0.00662/kWh. The NEM rules split the NBC components between Distribution and Generation. This is transparent if your generation is also coming from PG&E, SCE, or SDG&E, but when you are with a CCA then these are split out with PPP and ND paid to PG&E and CTC and WF paid to your CCA. This would explain why PPP and ND are included in the fixed fee while the CTC and WF remained on the generation per kWh.
So, at that point, you would be better off sending the power back to the utilities even during off-peak than having the 10% round trip efficiency loss when using the Powerwall if you are in NEM2.

So, at that point, you would be better off sending the power back to the utilities even during off-peak than having the 10% round trip efficiency loss when using the Powerwall if you are in NEM2.
No single rule for everyone. For myself as a NEM2.0 net producer that imports on average less than MDC/NBC ($0.39167/$0.03052 = 12.83 kWh) per day this was already true and I have a very high reserve level to minimize the efficiency loss to maximum net annual kWH exports.

My understanding that going forward the MDC is eliminated and we get some minor NBCs, so the tradeoffs are different.

Last edited:
Reactions: RKCRLR