Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Never getting white car again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought by getting a white Tesla I wouldn’t see the issues with the paint that Tesla is known for. Now it does hide swirling, but every single time I wash my car, which is every week I find more and more paint chips from the front and the hood. It’s constantly loaded with bugs and then when I wash the bugs off, there’s always more and more chips on the paint. And they stand out very much so due to the white paint and the dark chips. I probably should invest in a touchup kit, I found about eight since last week , some are quite big

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
I thought by getting a white Tesla I wouldn’t see the issues with the paint that Tesla is known for. Now it does hide swirling, but every single time I wash my car, which is every week I find more and more paint chips from the front and the hood. It’s constantly loaded with bugs and then when I wash the bugs off, there’s always more and more chips on the paint. And they stand out very much so due to the white paint and the dark chips. I probably should invest in a touchup kit, I found about eight since last week , some are quite big
I have the exact same issue. I discover new chips all over every time I wash (contact less). I also wish I had bought a non white car because the bugs and chips show immediately. Thinking of getting a a touch up kit but most people don't have good results with it. Let us know which touch up kit you end up getting and if you had good results with it. I saw bunch of youtube videos and they recommend buying the actual automotive paint and then doing the compound+poslish the area. Which is what the body shops do too. But not sure where to buy the exact automotive paint for the pearl white.