Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Battery Performance changed to Non-Performance Uncorked Acceleration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla seems to have answered the question often asked about "No Battery Performance" listed under Options on many users account pages.

Today I looked at my account page and my 100D MS now states: Non-Performance Uncorked Acceleration. This sounds better to me.

Anybody else see this change?

Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 2.41.09 PM.png

My guess is this:

(1) If you have a non-performance it shows Non-Performance.
(2) If you have an Insane version, it should show Insane Mode.
(3) If you have a Ludicrous version, it shows Ludicrous (My P100D comes up with Ludicrous Mode).
(4) If you have a non-performance, there were some models where they came corked from the factory, and Tesla was uncorking for more power. I think this was some of the 75 and 100 batteries, but I don't remember what determined if you needed to be uncorked beyond some option code that appeared if you dump it from TeslaFI.

So my Model S P100D shows up a Ludicrous Mode
My Model X 90D shows up as No Battery Performance.

The information on that page isn’t always accurate because surprisingly Tesla doesn’t seem to be a very tech savvy company. They must manually enter lots of information in their system because one of my S’s shows the wrong color and it being an older nose cone car (it’s not), my new Performance S shows "no battery performance" with the wrong wheels, and my new Performance 3 doesn’t say anything about performance other than performance wheels (might be all P3+’s show though). I have a Draggy, I know I own Performance cars and they perform as they should. I wouldn’t take anything it says in the "view details" page as 100 percent because I know in my account they can’t get it straight. The last time I complained and asked them to fix something they turned off my premium data which took months to get turned back on. With Tesla it seems if you complain they will teach you a lesson to "count your blessings" because they can certainly make things worse if you don’t fall in like with lower expectations. Last year when I bought my Performance S it took them roughly a year to activate my included "Free Supercharging". They told me they manually have to activate the FSC feature on a car to car basis and it can take a couple weeks because they do the cars in "blocks of cars". I had to remove my credit card from my account because they kept charging me, they told me they would credit me for the charges but they have yet to do that. They need to hire some tech savvy employees.

Last edited:
Reactions: outdoors
Yes, I just noticed this on my 2019 100D. Now under options, it says "Non-Performance Uncorked Acceleration"
0-60 in 3.7 seconds like the Ravens?

Tesla seems to have answered the question often asked about "No Battery Performance" listed under Options on many users account pages.

Today I looked at my account page and my 100D MS now states: Non-Performance Uncorked Acceleration. This sounds better to me.

Anybody else see this change?

Is this on older cars? mine is a Sep 19 build and only shows this.

Exterior
Pearl White Multi-Coat

19’’ Silver Wheels

Interior
All Black Premium Interior with Figured Ash Wood Décor

Options
Premium Upgrades Package

Autopilot

This is the first time I am hearing about "uncorking"

For my model three there is an upgrade option in my app that says

Acceleration Boost $2000
Improved 0-60 mph time, 4.4s to 3.9s

Is this in any way related?
My is April of 2019. This is just before the Raven.... so must be pre-Raven cars.
Yep. My MS has a 3/19 manufacture date on the VIN

This is the first time I am hearing about "uncorking"

For my model three there is an upgrade option in my app that says

Acceleration Boost $2000
Improved 0-60 mph time, 4.4s to 3.9s

Is this in any way related?
I would think so. But I am not sure anything has actually changed in the car. I believe mine got "uncorked" on its first software upgrade a day after I got it. I don't remember the version it came with but it was way out of date. There was absolutely nothing about an uncorked feature in any of my purchase docs. The only options listed are Premium Interior, cold weather package, and FSD.

Hard to tell because it has always seemed really fast to me having come from the sluggish world of Jaguar XJ's ;-)