Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im vacationing, but felt like chiming in:

We are potentially having a skyscraper sized rocket land in two separate sections after getting to Space (!!).

The disgruntled topic is going through a few more clicks (at max) in order to view this event?!

Please tell me how to go through a few more clicks on the big screen TV in my living room.

I can pull up Youtube on any TV, I don't have an X app on those devices.

Sure, Airplay if you have Apple TV
How about a solution that can actually show the video at 4K without compression or rate issues? Any Wifi screen cast from a phone is a non starter.

And how about one that like I said works on the TV in my living room.

The topic was how X was lower quality way to watch a very high quality video feed. Not how can I put a low quality video on a big screen.

Last edited:
How about a solution that can actually show the video at 4K without compression or rate issues? Any Wifi screen cast from a phone is a non starter.

And how about one that like I said works on the TV in my living room.

The topic was how X was lower quality way to watch a very high quality video feed. Not how can I put a low quality video on a big screen.
You can buy cables with USB-C on one end and HDMI on the other and play your phone's display on the TV. At which point you're at the mercy of whatever X is broadcasting the footage at.

(Good luck getting one between now and the launch)

I agree it's kinda lame that they don't have an obvious platform for large TV video broadcasts. I wish there was an X app for our Roku TV

You can buy cables with USB-C on one end and HDMI on the other and play your phone's display on the TV. At which point you're at the mercy of whatever X is broadcasting the footage at.

(Good luck getting one between now and the launch)

I agree it's kinda lame that they don't have an obvious platform for large TV video broadcasts. I wish there was an X app for our Roku TV
Elon mentioned that chromecast/casting functionality is being built into X. So this is only a temporary problem.