Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mengy

Feb 18, 2020
PA

nJi26My.gif

Uhh, alcohol kills bacteria. As long as you keep it full at all time really no need for cleaning.
Haha, I see. I filled my decanter with the nice rum I bought. I ended up running down to Walmart and buying a small metal funnel to use to fill the bottle, then I poured myself a nice measure and now I'm enjoying the high life. Here's to a green day tomorrow!

OTG

Real-world impacts of climate change:

As I was driving home from the gym on Sat. evening, I came across a man lying in the street. Realizing he was in distress, I stopped the car to render assistance. The man was delirious, sweating profusely, and foaming at the mouth. I've seen cases of heat stroke before in my Army career, but this was extreme. I provided water, but the man was unable to co-ordinate a successful swallow of the liquid. Another passerby stopped to help, and we called emergency services. Unfortunately, too late.

This was NOT during the height of the Canadian heat wave: this was more than 2 days after the peak heat was reached (matching a 60-year record for intensity, and surpassing a 85-yr record for duration).

In the lower mainland of BC, in the week ending July 5th, 777 sudden deaths were reported, and increase from the previous 10-yr avg of >200 during the same length of time. That's a 300% increase in this one event.

You may have heard that the villiage of Lytton, BC set the all-time Canadian record high temperature on 3 successive days last week, peaking at 49.6°C (121.3°F) last Tue, June 29. What you may not have heard is that, two days later, the entire town burned to the ground in a wild fire. 90% of homes and businesses are gone. Residents had less than 20 min notice to evacuate.

And terrible as they are, these events are occurring more and more frequently. There is a 500-year flood every 10 years now. Where I live, we have had both the coldest temperature ever measures since records began (140 yrs), and we have tied for the hottest temperature record, all within a span of 5 mths.

Climate change is compounding the energy present in the climate system. This results in higher highs, lower lows, drier drys, and wetter wets. Then, there's the fires, hurricanes and rising sea levels. Renewable energy can not stop this tide, this stearmroller of climate inertia, but we can fight to prevent the future from becoming unbearable. Some climate effects are baked in now, but time is running out to avoid catastrophe (and a lot of human suffering and misery).

Wall St. does not care. You however, should. Support Tesla. Fight FUD. Stand up for truth. Support climate action. Your grandchildren deserve a chance at a future that isn't wracked with societal upheaval and increasingly grim prospects. Elon is working for that future. Maybe you should too.

#ClimateChanged

Last edited: