Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Options for a Single Din to house a CarPlay screen / Stereo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have a 2017 model x (MCU1) so car play isn’t an option. I wanted to utilize the tray below the screen for maybe another external screen (there’s 10inch car play screens available) just wondering if anyone had attempted this?

Yeh that’s what I was thinking. But does anyone know if there’s a housing that fits the bottom tray under the screen?
Be careful. The cubby below the screen is removable (just pull down, very hard). But the vehicle's ethernet port and diagnostic interfaces are above that tray. That tray is removed in most service visits, so the tech can connect their laptop. You definitely do not want to interfere with getting your vehicle serviced.

Be careful. The cubby below the screen is removable (just pull down, very hard). But the vehicle's ethernet port and diagnostic interfaces are above that tray. That tray is removed in most service visits, so the tech can connect their laptop. You definitely do not want to interfere with getting your vehicle serviced.
Thanks, yeh I don’t want to play around with that.