Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D Owner Sit-in?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its been a few weeks since the P3D price drop and there's still no official word on how Tesla intends to handle the situation aside from Elon's Twitter broken promises.

So for everyone affected by this whom feel Tesla needs to correct this I'd like to propose a sit-in at your nearest Delivery Center. If all of us show up with our cars, block the entrances and protest for our mistreatment I think we may finally see some legit action. Especially if we can get any members of the press to show up too.

I understand not all of you are in agreement on why myself and others are upset about the issue. I ask that you kindly respect those whose opinions are different from yours and not further troll those affected, especially in this thread. Please keep this thread constructive.

So, I ask you all, whose coming with me??
Grow up.

This is so dumb... You paid the price of the car as marked when you bought it, you're entitled to NOTHING when the price changes up or down...

Jeff
It only works one way. When prices go down, people want money back, but if prices go up, no one expects to send more money to the company for the product they purchased. Funny how that happens.

The car was sold to us a performance model and so far no track mode either.

Not yet doesn’t mean no. What we know for certain was track mode was developed and validated on 3P+ setup.

Also keep in mind, track mode was never a promised release, it’s not on the MVPA.

No track mode testing or pictures on aero wheels should have been a clue on what you needed to buy to guarantee access.

The problem is giving 5k refunds to P3D+ and nothing to P3D-. Everyone ends up paying the same price while P3D- gets non of the benefits, just a pat on the back for their donation.

P+ has to give up supercharging in exchange. What does P- have to give? Just looking at things objectively.

It only works one way. When prices go down, people want money back, but if prices go up, no one expects to send more money to the company for the product they purchased. Funny how that happens.

Yes it’s funny but life is funny. Those who operate businesses face the unfairness of consumer expectations everyday.

I don't think anyone, including myself, is saying that prices can't fluctuate. The issue here is how quickly and the way it was done. Nobody expected their brand new car of less than one or two months to suddenly drop in value nearly 10%. This isn't an annual refresh or a predictable upgraded version. This is a completely brand new product that's never been to market before. That's not normal, not even in tech.

If they had waited till next year and called it their 2019 refresh you would have had zero complaint from me. But I owned the car less than two months before slashing the price and making my configuration obsolete in the process. There was no predicting that. No way to have made another decision. For some folks they got taken while owning the car for less than 24 hours.

I find it really hard to believe that so many people.wouldnt feel a little taken advtange of in the same situation. It's easy to call someone else an entitled brat when you don't have any skin in the game. And those that do are probably fortunate enough that paying an extra $5k is like going out to a club and dropping 5 grand on bottle service. For many, even with the means to afford this car, 5k is still a lot of money.

I don't think anyone, including myself, is saying that prices can't fluctuate. The issue here is how quickly and the way it was done. Nobody expected their brand new car of less than one or two months to suddenly drop in value nearly 10%. This isn't an annual refresh or a predictable upgraded version. This is a completely brand new product that's never been to market before. That's not normal, not even in tech.

If they had waited till next year and called it their 2019 refresh you would have had zero complaint from me. But I owned the car less than two months before slashing the price and making my configuration obsolete in the process. There was no predicting that. No way to have made another decision. For some folks they got taken while owning the car for less than 24 hours.

I find it really hard to believe that so many people.wouldnt feel a little taken advtange of in the same situation. It's easy to call someone else an entitled brat when you don't have any skin in the game. And those that do are probably fortunate enough that paying an extra $5k is like going out to a club and dropping 5 grand on bottle service. For many, even with the means to afford this car, 5k is still a lot of money.

It's not our fault you didn't properly research the product you bought... Tesla changes prices all the time, on a whim, often with zero hint or advanced notice (actually not just often, but pretty much all the time). My Model X just dropped in price, so what? I got the car I agreed to purchase at the price I agreed to purchase it at...

Cars depreciate in value, substantially, the moment you take delivery so quibbling over a small price change when your car already lost significant value simply from being delivered seems not only petty, but a complete waist of one's time and energy...

Jeff

While I agree it was "too much, too soon" as Elon said, it still doesn't change the fact that I got what I paid for and am quite happy with it.

Oh, and this comes from someone who is in the worst possible spot. I have an AWD+/Performance non-PUP/P3D- (sorry @Msjulie).

Nobody expected their brand new car of less than one or two months to suddenly drop in value nearly 10%.

Everyone’s car drops that or more driving off the lot ..the whole premise of this thread is wrong ..if you feel so slightly wronged take up on your own ..why inconvenience new owners picking up cars or delivery center folks who are just trying to work ,. ?

It's not our fault you didn't properly research the product you bought... Tesla changes prices all the time, on a whim, often with zero hint or advanced notice (actually not just often, but pretty much all the time). My Model X just dropped in price, so what? I got the car I agreed to purchase at the price I agreed to purchase it at...

Cars depreciate in value, substantially, the moment you take delivery so quibbling over a small price change when your car already lost significant value simply from being delivered seems not only petty, but a complete waist of one's time and energy...

Jeff
I just had this conversation with a buddy who is looking to pull the trigger on a P3D. I said to him, "buy it if you're happy with the current config and price, because it WILL change next week, maybe in your favor, but probably not".

It's not our fault you didn't properly research the product you bought...

This is absurd. This is the kind of attitude that will prevent Tesla from ever being a truly mainstream car company. As if all consumers have the time or energy to investigate every aspect of how Tesla does business in hopes to predict the future... Keep evangelizing the brand this way. I'm sure Tesla will go far belittling people the way you do.

Tesla changes prices all the time, on a whim, often with zero hint or advanced notice (actually not just often, but pretty much all the time). My Model X just dropped in price, so what? I got the car I agreed to purchase at the price I agreed to purchase it at...

Jeff
Except Tesla prides itself for being unlike other car dealers with their fixed pricing and no negotiation required. This isn't like a typical car where one buyer might pay 60k and the next 50k because of negotiation skills. Tesla pretends to be the Samsung, Apple, etc of cars. When you sell yourself as a no negotiation car company you are projecting an image to people that your prices are stable and fair.

I just had this conversation with a buddy who is looking to pull the trigger on a P3D. I said to him, "buy it if you're happy with the current config and price, because it WILL change next week, maybe in your favor, but probably not".
Honestly I can't think of a better time to buy than right after a $5000 price drop. It's not likely to drop significantly again, at least until next year.

• Funny
Reactions: alloverx