Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pack Performance and Launch Mode Limits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car was picked up yesterday and is being dropped off tonight or tomorrow with the loaner battery installed. Teslalog was able to capture them testing with the new battery but app shows "in service." I was told a month and a half to two months for the battery repair in California.

image1.PNG

image3.PNG

Hold it.
Let me understand this.
Nope, no problem... Car working as normal. Nothing to see.... Move along....

To

!!!!!!!! Holly Crap, Do NOT Use the Car. It's going to blow up.

I feel this is unfair on Tesla, who are clearly in the process of making it right.

Another way to interpret this is that the car has gone from:

"There is a problem. Say nothing, but force the user to use less power and hope they don't notice."

To

"There is a problem. Ask the user nicely to use less power and get the car fixed."

Reactions: hostman
Today I was able to test the car at 95%-80%.

With max battery power on and ready the car achieved 480-485Kw which is still down 40 hp from my cars original performance. Checking the cars max Amps it tops out at 1500-1530 Amps and flatlined there when I would expect my car to achieve 500-511 Kw and 1600-1600 Amps as it did before the 8.0 update in September.

These current numbers matchup with what I saw at my first power reduction in September when I first contacted Tesla and other forum members about this. Turning max battery off only drops the performance 4-7Kw, so its like the max battery button does noting, previously at 7.1 software it would add 20-30 Kw more power. Its definitely still limited somehow as the max pack Amps flatline at 1500Amps. Ive contacted my SM and am awaiting a response... @JonMc the update did not fully restore my cars power.

Last edited:

With max battery power on and ready the car achieved 480-485Kw which is still down 40 hp from my cars original performance. Checking the cars max Amps it tops out at 1500-1530 Amps and flatlined there when I would expect my car to achieve 500-511 Kw and 1600-1600 Amps as it did before the 8.0 update in September.

These current numbers matchup with what I saw at my first power reduction in September when I first contacted Tesla and other forum members about this. Turning max battery off only drops the performance 4-7Kw, so its like the max battery button does noting, previously at 7.1 software it would add 20-30 Kw more power. Its definitely still limited somehow as the max pack Amps flatline at 1500Amps. Ive contacted my SM and am awaiting a response... @JonMc the update did not fully restore my cars power.

Perhaps you're still hitting the DU limit.

This is on the loaner battery?

Reactions: hostman