Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll on Auto-Dimming Mirror Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our mirror auto dims? I never noticed it.

On a separate note, I think the auto high-beams do an excellent job of toggling on/off. The algorithm used is perfect and switches exactly when I expect it to.

Not. High beams won't turn on until after the car hits 26+ mph which is really annoying in PA leaving the house into the pasture area where deer like to hang out. I have to floor it briefly just to get high beams on. Also have them turn off/on too frequently and also not turn off/turn off late on occasions. That's not quite as bad as the no high beams below ~28mph thing though...

Reactions: Cheburashka
Not. High beams won't turn on until after the car hits 26+ mph which is really annoying in PA leaving the house into the pasture area where deer like to hang out. I have to floor it briefly just to get high beams on. Also have them turn off/on too frequently and also not turn off/turn off late on occasions. That's not quite as bad as the no high beams below ~28mph thing though...

Interesting. I did realize there's a minimum speed for auto high beams. For my use case it has been awesome (rural backroads, 45-50 MPH). It certainly works better than the auto high beams on my previous Lexus LS 460, although that car also has the swivel headlights that I miss having.