Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rejecting my brand new model 3 Highland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes mate. only difference the vibrations start from 67mph whereas previous one started at 60mph. you can actually see the wheel vibrate. fyi car arrived last week in the uk and collected it yesterday
I purchased an MG4 last year. Had vibration at same sort of speeds. We had wheels balanced, re balanced, re re balanced. Was convinced it was the tyres and got a lot of push back from dealer. Eventually they changed the tyres and it solved the problem. They were flat spotted from sitting after production for many months. The tyres were sent back to manufacturer (Continental) and they sent letter back denying any liability but reimbursing dealer 75% of the cost. There were a few other owners had similar issues.

Maybe the extra weight of EV’s makes them prone to flat spotting like this? Pleased to say my Tesla didn’t suffer same issue.

I purchased an MG4 last year. Had vibration at same sort of speeds. We had wheels balanced, re balanced, re re balanced. Was convinced it was the tyres and got a lot of push back from dealer. Eventually they changed the tyres and it solved the problem. They were flat spotted from sitting after production for many months. The tyres were sent back to manufacturer (Continental) and they sent letter back denying any liability but reimbursing dealer 75% of the cost. There were a few other owners had similar issues.

Maybe the extra weight of EV’s makes them prone to flat spotting like this? Pleased to say my Tesla didn’t suffer same issue
Nothing to do with weight. It's the way they were tied down on the boats shipping them from China. This is why it's a UK/EU problem only.
In some cases, it can be just a tyre manufacturing issue, but in Tesla's case it does seem to be the transportation.
Best way to diagnose is swap wheels with another car, especially if balancing has already been tried.

Reactions: crawfy p
Nothing to do with weight. It's the way they were tied down on the boats shipping them from China. This is why it's a UK/EU problem only.
In some cases, it can be just a tyre manufacturing issue, but in Tesla's case it does seem to be the transportation.
Best way to diagnose is swap wheels with another car, especially if balancing has already been tried.
I can confirm this is not true. Had my wheels rebalanced several times with different machines at different stores. Tesla even rebalanced it with road-force with no improvement.
A few weeks back and another service appointment the local Tesla Service Manager did a testdrive with me present and confirmed the vibrations. At the next appointment I got new wheels from a different manufacturer attached, with a higher tire pressure than before (46PSI) and it did improve a bit. After a business trip on the highway of about 1000km its back to the old vibration level.
Also there are people from the USA reporting the same vibration issue.

Conclusio: It is not only the tires! And for sure not the flat tire problem someone brough up early on.

I can confirm this is not true. Had my wheels rebalanced several times with different machines at different stores. Tesla even rebalanced it with road-force with no improvement.
A few weeks back and another service appointment the local Tesla Service Manager did a testdrive with me present and confirmed the vibrations. At the next appointment I got new wheels from a different manufacturer attached, with a higher tire pressure than before (46PSI) and it did improve a bit. After a business trip on the highway of about 1000km its back to the old vibration level.
Also there are people from the USA reporting the same vibration issue.

Conclusio: It is not only the tires! And for sure not the flat tire problem someone brough up early on.
I've already said vibrations can be caused by many things, but in many cases of new M3/MYs delivered in the UK it's been the tyres.
It's why the best way to narrow down the cause (after re-balancing) is to swap wheels with a known good car. Then you know it's either the rims or the tyres, but it's much more likely to be tyres flat-spotted because you've already done the re-balancing.