Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Schedule charging not happening.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Friday, was the first day scheduled charging just did not happen. The weird thing is that I had to go on a trip Saturday and so I changed the time for when I needed to depart and set it to 100%. The schedule charging worked flawlessly. Yesterday when I got back home, set it back to my normal departure time and back to 70% and this morning, it did not start again. Anyone else having issues with scheduled charging or have any solutions I might try?

Were your changes showing in the interface, but the car didn't start charging, or did your changes not save? I have had instances where changes in the app did not successfully save, I assume because of connectivity issues. The app should let you know that they didn't save, and should definitely show the actual setting after a bit.

I didn’t make any changes at all Thursday night. Friday morning it just didn’t work. I made changes that night for the trip I had to go to on Saturday and it worked fine Saturday morning. When I got back from the trip I set it back to the original settings I had before and Sunday morning it didn’t work again.

Since then, I have done a two button reset and everything seems to be working again. But thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Reactions: jdcollins5
Just got onto an off peak EV low tariff that starts at midnight and ends at 05:00

I can see how to set a time to start but how to set a time to stop?
Sorry to break the bad news, but you only have two choices, neither of which will guaranty that you only charge between midnight and 5AM. You can set the start time, as you found, or you can set the end time of the off-peak period, and the car will try to calculate when it should start.

My advice is to do what I do, take one or the other and not worry about the very low percentage of the time when the car might charge outside that range. Unless you're either charging at a very low amperage, or driving the car a 150+ miles a day, you aren't going to fall outside that range very often. And if either of those are the case, then what choice do you have but to let it charge outside of the time period if you're going to have enough juice to get through your next day?

Reactions: Rocky_H and as400
Sorry to break the bad news, but you only have two choices, neither of which will guaranty that you only charge between midnight and 5AM. You can set the start time, as you found, or you can set the end time of the off-peak period, and the car will try to calculate when it should start.

My advice is to do what I do, take one or the other and not worry about the very low percentage of the time when the car might charge outside that range. Unless you're either charging at a very low amperage, or driving the car a 150+ miles a day, you aren't going to fall outside that range very often. And if either of those are the case, then what choice do you have but to let it charge outside of the time period if you're going to have enough juice to get through your next day?
Thanks appreciate the reply, I am reading that there are certain apps you can install that can help with scheduling a charge.

Thanks appreciate the reply, I am reading that there are certain apps you can install that can help with scheduling a charge.
See if the native app will work for you first. I used the Tessie app and had some inexplicable charging starts during high peak periods. They continued until I changed my Tesla password.

Your cheap period is only five hours?

Reactions: as400