Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Berlin GF4 restarting production later today is being reported, TSLA looking like it would like to push a little higher, but the rest of the M7 lagging

I've slept on my plan to offload my 2200 TSLA shares and like the idea even more. I studied the future values of 2200 shares versus $230k cash and 29x June 2026 +c200's and there's very little difference as the SP rises

So I don't gain any big leverage, but I bolster my cash holding in case of a dump and add +7 contracts to write against

And why 29x -c220's and not 20x? Because I already have 11x June 2026 and 60x Dec 2025, so it rounds-up nicely to 100x, and then the 20x June +c200's cover the Dec -c190's I wrote last week with little, or no, margin requirement

Also have 26x Jan 2025 +c270's which are a bit down the shitter for the moment...
I'm seeing a noticeable difference on the up side after a few months, floor lines up.
However, this doesn't account for what your cash is doing nor your sold calls.

SmartSelect_20240311_091802_Firefox.jpg
SmartSelect_20240311_091946_Firefox.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: UncaNed
I'm seeing a noticeable difference on the up side after a few months, floor lines up.
However, this doesn't account for what your cash is doing nor your sold calls.

View attachment 1026631View attachment 1026633

I base it on this - sell 2200 @$175, buy 29x Jun 26 +c200 @$50 + $240k cash

If SP goes up short term, for instance to DL's $235 projection, the shares are worth the same, or very close to the calls + the cash

Obviously long term the calls will decay, but I'm going to sell out of them if the opportunity comes and sell weeklies with them in the interim

And if the SP dumps hard, I have more cash to deploy

1710163503303.png

sold 30 210 CCs for .11 cents each .. game of pennies ;) Will wait for some price appreciation until i sell Jan 25s.

big rug pull on NVDA .... but i think it will go back to 920s after CPI tomorrow ...
Not a rug pull per se. NVDA is back at level not seen since... last Tuesday? Pain to the FOMO chasers for sure.

This is how they orchestrate a mild pullback in SPY, by rotating leaders.

SPY is not done yet, only requiring a few weeks of healthy consolidation.

Berlin GF4 restarting production later today is being reported, TSLA looking like it would like to push a little higher, but the rest of the M7 lagging

I've slept on my plan to offload my 2200 TSLA shares and like the idea even more. I studied the future values of 2200 shares versus $230k cash and 29x June 2026 +c200's and there's very little difference as the SP rises

So I don't gain any big leverage, but I bolster my cash holding in case of a dump and add +7 contracts to write against

And why 29x -c220's and not 20x? Because I already have 11x June 2026 and 60x Dec 2025, so it rounds-up nicely to 100x, and then the 20x June +c200's cover the Dec -c190's I wrote last week with little, or no, margin requirement

Also have 26x Jan 2025 +c270's which are a bit down the shitter for the moment...
I like round numbers too; mine are just an order of magnitude…or two…smaller.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Max Plaid
Anyone having problems with Fidelity Trader Pro on Mac today? I can't get it to open. Rebooting the computer didn't fix it. Anyone?
Called them. Required going into the hidden Library folder, Application Support, and dragging Active Trader Pro to the trash. Then dragging Active Trader Pro application to the trash. Empty Trash. Restart computer. New install. Just reinstalling like I did this morning without wiping the folder in the Library/Application Support won't fix the issue.

That based on Wicked Stock timeframes of 8 weeks but we should see a bounce up there in 2-3 weeks. Going furthur is safer but the cost is higher.

I guess that can be offsets by a spread or going higher OTM. Im planning to wait till Tuesday and see how the SP react to CPI. Safer then jump gun on Monday.

FWIW buying 5/17 $200C is $8.25 right now, but making em spreads against 5/17 $205C is only $1.35--- seems one would rather have 6 of the spreads vs 1 of the naked +calls if they think it's gonna top around $209 by then?