Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1710170365238.png

1710170379992.png

1710170392761.png

Seems boxed in range $175-$182.50 (SpotGEX shows MM buy against market if heads to $175 and sell against market into $180).

1710170445090.png

Last edited:
Another day with early morning hesitation. Today is likely no different than 3/7. It is not significant enough to justify a bottom yet. If a bottom was in we would not see the stock selloff so strongly in the last half of the first hour. I think it is extremely important to watch how the 1hr chart closes before jumping to conclusions, especially the 1st hour of the day. Intra-hour price action can change rather quickly and can be a lot of unnecessary noise
TSLA 1hr 3-11-24.png

Watching a nice open followed by a $5 fade over the next 90 minutes is beyond painful.
sign that you might be emotionally compromised.

This is what they want you to feel. Accustomed to lower prices and weakness, so that at first sight of strength you overcompensate for this with a renewed FOMO.

Last edited:
Perhaps we get both. A pump beyond $200 approaching ER and then Musk and Team crashed the SP with their gloomy and doom ER reports. The biggest issue during ER is not the actual earning but how the messages are being conveyed.

For an M7 company their earning Presentation and Showmanship left a lots to desired.

Perhaps Fred strategy is to buy super way out of the money Puts aiming for 115 then reverse with another way out of the money Call. Im still confused as none of the option training focus on making money by just going Long, without a combination of Selling. Hidden Holy grail I say ;)
Actual earnings still matter.
They are projecting $1.5 EPS for 2024. Which mean TSLA is trading at 118 forward PE.

I wunner if this Feb. CPI report will be the thing that makes everything different.
We have yet to see CPI numbers reflect the Truflation numbers that showed a material drop below the 2% mark a couple months back. Over the past 3 years or so, Truflation's data have been pretty spot on in terms of the rise and the fall of inflation. The only thing that is a question mark is when the official CPI numbers start to reflect it. It can be many months lag between the two.

If I had to guess, it'll be March's CPI print that will show the huge drop in inflation. But we're getting close enough that Feb's could have it or part of it.

We have yet to see CPI numbers reflect the Truflation numbers that showed a material drop below the 2% mark a couple months back. Over the past 3 years or so, Truflation's data have been pretty spot on in terms of the rise and the fall of inflation. The only thing that is a question mark is when the official CPI numbers start to reflect it. It can be many months lag between the two.

If I had to guess, it'll be March's CPI print that will show the huge drop in inflation. But we're getting close enough that Feb's could have it or part of it.

The fed Nowcast model suggests CPI will be in line with expectations tomorrow, with the headline number at 3.1% and core at 3.7%.

image.png

OK, did my swap Sell 2200 TSLA @$180, BTO 29x Jun 2026 +c200 @52.28
When you write weekly calls backed by LEAP Cs like these, are those essentially spreads? What would be your risk management in case the SP shoots up short term? I am thinking about writing against a few LEAP Cs I have, but I have read the warnings on spreads here and would like to understand how it goes before dipping my toes in. Appreciate your thoughts.