Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, that indemnification section is required in all registration statements. It's standard boilerplate. .

The first part is belied by the caption:
"
PART II

INFORMATION NOT REQUIRED IN THE PROSPECTUS; UNDERTAKINGS"

Boilerplate maybe, but apparently Tesla chose to re-emphasize it after it was included in the original S-4, perhaps because of the four shareholder derivative suits. The irony is Tesla buys D&O insurance but self insures its product liability exposure.

From the article:

160 robots on 1st line for MS vs. 580 robots on 2nd line for MX. Does it mean the second line is more automated? Or the MX is so complicated that it requires so many more robots to get the same number of cars throughput as for MS?

Stepping back just a bit. I've been thinking about this one…

160 robots vs 580? Of course the second (newer) line is more automated! Question to answer here is how many employees on the 1st line vs the 2nd one?! Dramatically fewer, I would guess. The obvious is staring us right in the face here; the machine to build the machines is growing, and replacing the need for factory workers, just as planned!

160 robots vs 580? Of course the second (newer) line is more automated! Question to answer here is how many employees on the 1st line vs the 2nd one?! Dramatically fewer, I would guess. The obvious is staring us right in the face here; the machine to build the machines is growing, and replacing the need for factory workers, just as planned!

Good observation. Take a look at this comment from vgrinshpun, which is very helpful:
In addition to the fact that Body Line 1 is designed to handle less complex Model S, while Body Line 2 - both more complex MX and MS, as noted by Papafox, Line 2 has capacity of 2500 cars per week, while Line 1 has capacity of about 1200 cars a week.

Another interesting thing is that a while ago some analysts were speculating that if required, based on demand projections, Tesla could keep both Body Lines in operation, while increasing the throughput of the General Assembly line from about matching the throughput of Body Line 2 to matching Body Line 2 + 1.

The significant new information from the article is that Production of MS body-in-white was not blended into Body Line 2 yet. I think that such blending could require some slowdown for debugging the process. Hopefully Tesla would be able to build some extra bodies-in-white as a buffer prior to blending MS production onto Body Line 2.

Reactions: MitchJi

Line 1 + line 2 = 1200+ 2500= 3700 units

Is that feasible , or is there another constraining isssue ?
Is the feed into these lines a constraint factor?
Frankly I don't know much about the manufacturing.
Anybody better informed please explain.

Just read this summary of analysts expectations for revenue and earnings for Q3 and Q4.

Analysts Tips to Monitor: Tesla Motors, Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA)Street Updates | Street Updates

What I do not understand is how analysts come up with higher revenue and earnings in Q4 compared to Q3. They should all know that Tesla is pushing hard in Q3 and will close production for two weeks in Q4.

"Wall Street Analysts are estimating average sales of $2,236.16M for current quarter (Quarter Ending Sep-16)...Analysts on average are expecting revenue target $2,706.83M for next quarter (Quarter Ending Dec-16). "

"Earnings Estimates: “15” Analysts are saying that the company to announce quarterly earnings of $0.04 per share for current quarter period Quarter Ending Sep-16...“15” Analysts are expecting that the company to declare next quarterly earnings of $0.58 per share for period Quarter Ending Dec-16."

Do the analysts know something we do not? Or possibly, they are not doing their job of following information on Tesla that is widely known to this community. Or finally, are they intentionally forecasting a totally unrealistic revenue and earnings scenario for Q4 to achieve some unknown agenda?
The analysts on these never seen to know anything really. Every single quarter you get these just awful estimates completely divorced from reality. It's like they have a spreadsheet and that's it, they don't listen to any statements. Best to be ignored.

There are so many things wrong with the argument that the Tesla-SolarCity merger doesn't make sense. I've said all that needs to be said.

1) The lawsuits don't make sensed and are based on emotion not facts.

2) The only people who don't support the merger are journalists and newspapers, many of which are owned by the oil industry.

3) Chanos is a chode who clearly doesn't understand SolarCity's business model.

4) New York supports the deal. According to Elon, institutional investors overwhelmingly support the deal.

5) Investors holding SolarCity convertible bonds might be a bit nervous because of the conversion rate.

6) The deal makes logical and economic sense.

• Informative
Reactions: dha
Status
Not open for further replies.