Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So no live interior view on 2018 Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Live INTERIOR view? I was not aware of any live INTERIOR view at all, under any circumstances, where is that supposed to be? Note that Sentry mode live cameras are the external cameras (not interior) and also require a subscription to premium connectivity.

What interior view are you talking about that is supposed to be available?

Dog Mode video?

I didnt know that was a thing. I dont have a dog, so have never used dog mode, only sentry mode. I do have the FSD computer, as well as premium connectivity, and have never seen an option to view interior camera. I have seen (and used) the option to view the sentry mode cameras.

I guess I will have to turn on dog mode to see if that enables another option in the app or something.

For my Feb 2022 MSLR running update 2023.2.10. In the app go to security, enable sentrey mode, choose view live camera then choose the inside camera. Not dependant on dog mode.
Screenshot_20230209_170148_Tesla.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I just tried it on my car (both Dog Mode and regular Sentry Mode). No option available for interior (Cabin) view. Probably because I'm still on 2022.12.3.2. I do have HW3.0 and the latest app but I believe Cabin View requires the software released at the end of last year: the Holiday Update.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Well, Ill be darned! I never noticed that extra "dot" before. I dont know if it works on my car or not however, as for some reason sentry mode live view isnt connecting. I have used it successfully several times before, even as recently as a week ago. Part of me wonders if its not working because my car is in my garage on my wifi (and not cellular) but I dont feel like driving anywhere to test it, or turning wifi off on my car.

Ill test it tomorrow.

OP I didnt know there was interior view available, so obviously thats what you were talking about.

The screen capture above is in the garage on wifi.
Yeah, I remembered I could test on my wifes model Y without getting my !@#!@#$ off the sofa (which was a requirement right now, lol) and that worked so not sure why my model 3 isnt working right now for live view.

They are both on the same network, etc, but one car is intel atom, one is amd ryzen, one is a 2018 with the FSD computer upgrade, the model Y is a 2022... shrug...

I always chalk this stuff up to "glitches with the car I dont feel like troubleshooting". ill try it tomorrow on the model 3.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Just updated my mobile all and car to latest software and I don’t see an interior view option in Sentry mode for my 2018 Model 3… does this not exist for older 2018 without the FSD computer?
A pet peeve of most, but what do you mean by "latest software"? That doesn't say anything unless you post the actual version.

Cabin live view was introduced in 2022.44.30.10 according to below:
New Tesla Update Allows You to Preview the Cabin Camera Feed

For example, my car is still pushing 2022.44.25.3 (which does not have it). So if I say I have the "latest software" that tells people nothing about whether I should have it or not. Basically always say what actual version you have because they are not rolled out at the same time to all vehicles.

Reactions: zoomer0056
A pet peeve of most, but what do you mean by "latest software"? That doesn't say anything unless you post the actual version.

Cabin live view was introduced in 2022.44.30.10 according to below:
New Tesla Update Allows You to Preview the Cabin Camera Feed

For example, my car is still pushing 2022.44.25.3 (which does not have it). So if I say I have the "latest software" that tells people nothing about whether I should have it or not. Basically always say what actual version you have because they are not rolled out at the same time to all vehicles.

2018 w HW3, 44.25.3, no interior view, so I have to wait for 44.30.10?

I see it, and my model 3 is on 2022.44.30.5, with app version 4.17.5 - 1576 (iOS).

• Informative
Reactions: KenC and zoomer0056