Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.20.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Australia just had 2019.20.2.1 rolled out for whatever reason. Everyone with 'advanced' set on their software selection got it within a few hours of each other yet again. Definitely not an elevator close door button for us, but clearly our releases are not in sync with North America...

Received 20.4.2 this morning, my 2018 Model S has AP2.5 & MCU2. Anyone have any clue on what bugs were fixed?
I got 20. 4.2 early this am. Have not driven yet. For my car, after 20.4.1 I had more screaming red hands of death and phantom braking which I never experienced earlier. So, I am hoping with this 20.4.2 may be I don't see the red hands of death any more.

Husband's MS received 2019.20.2.1 last night. Sat in it this morning to activate cabin overheat protection and noticed his Release notes only showed the Dog update, no screen brightness (which I had additionally on my Model 3, so maybe only for those Model 3 screens?). Now when I took my car to a v2 supercharger on Sunday, I also got the dramatic boost in charging speed even though it wasn't mentioned in the Release notes. Haven't taken the MS to a supercharger yet to know if this was also part of the update to his car.

Thanks for the video. Don't have it yet on my Model 3 and our MS is a MCU1 so sounds like we won't be getting it there. I think it looks like a cute game and the kids will love it.
The non-Tesla version is available for free (+in-app-purchases) for iOS.
Beach Buggy Racing 2 by Vector Unit
‎Beach Buggy Racing 2

• Informative
Reactions: SMAlset
Received 20.4.2 this morning, my 2018 Model S has AP2.5 & MCU2. Anyone have any clue on what bugs were fixed?
Not definitive, but I had heard that many people were showing lower rated range with 4.1. Indeed, this morning, when I first looked at the app I was showing 260 miles rated at 90%, whereas I usually get 270 miles at 90%. Then I installed the update and my rated was up to 264 miles (no charging was being done in that time).

Not at all confident that's what's changed, but just a information point.

• Informative
Reactions: Daniellane
I got 2019.20.2.1 this morning and I'm stuck in an endless loop of "you have new software to install" prompts. Rebooted without any USB devices plugged in with no improvement. Everything seems to be working, but getting these annoying prompts every time I get in and leave the car.