Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX Starship - IFT-4 - Starbase TX - Pre-Launch Preparations Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This Scientia Plus video suggests that the B11/S29 WDR may occur on May 16 based on this document. It is speculation, not fact.

IMG_0780.jpeg

This Scientia Plus video suggests that the B11/S29 WDR may occur on May 16 based on this document. It is speculation, not fact.
It's a good match for the information. A 12 hour window is standard when they fire up the tank farm for any testing, and booster 11 has its hot staging ring.

The road and beach closure schedule is a bit off, though. They list the primary closure date as the 14th, with the 15th and 16th as backups. Perhaps SpaceX has decided on the 16th after all, and just haven't updated the closure information.

There are also a road delay notices for every day until the 17th.

I'll offer a reminder that IFT-3 did not complete its wet dress rehearsal until the third attempt.

• Informative
Reactions: scaesare
Something that hasn't been mentioned is that Ship 29 was moved away from the launch tower after Ship 31 had its electrical problem. There was some work done at the bottom of the ship - it was either very bright work lights and/or welding - and then it was moved back to the launch site. As I write this, it's sitting between the chopsticks, waiting to be stacked on the booster.

So I guess the purpose of a mishap investigation is two-fold
  1. Determine if there are any public safety issues, and come up with corrective actions
  2. Determine what was off-nominal to the planned flight, and come up with corrective actions
The FAA is saying that SpaceX can fly again once the first is addressed, but they still have to tell the FAA what they're doing about the off-nominal aspects of things. I assume the second part is the bit that's dragging on, and I'm guessing that it's primarily issues around reentry.

Yeah, they need to destack for FTS install anyway.
Have they ever installed tiles at the launch site? I assume the vehicles will go back to the build site. They've got at least a couple weeks before launch. I think this stacking was focused on ground support equipment testing more than anything else.

Besides, it doesn't have its ship numeric label. I wish they'd go really big with those, and put them on earlier. It would make it easier to keep track of which is which. For example, this is Ship 29.

Also, I hope there's no correlation between the uniform shape to the tile gaps and the arrival of explosives. We may have spotted a new FTS installation technique; explosive tiles.