Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Aberdeen, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the Elevation Burger there a stand-alone restaurant or is it in the Sunoco station building?
From Google maps:
upload_2017-4-26_16-23-34.png

Looks like they are having trouble getting area marked properly as they have submitted new Miss Utility request.

Extent of Work: LOCATE/MARK: LOC AREA OF LAST 8 PARKING SPACES OF THE CENTER PEDESTRIAN WALKWAY. THEN A 10FT PATH AT THE TOP OF THAT AREA TO THE EXISTING TRANSFORMER LOCATED AT THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE PLAZA (310FT FROM ARE TO TRANSFORMER). THEN 20FT AROUND TRANSFORMER. AREAS ARE MAKED IN WHITE PAINT HOWEVER PATH TO TRANSFORMER IS NOT MARKED AS RECENTLY PAVED. SEE ATTACHED DRAWING FOR BETTER DETAILS.

upload_2017-5-7_18-33-0.png

Last edited:
It is a shame they are potentially working on two SCs that are about 15 miles apart...one of these would be a huge improvement over the land-locked Laurel MD site, but do we really need two in that area when so many other areas are without SCs?

Honestly, I think they're both too close to Newark to be really useful - unless Tesla is already seeing enough volume that the newly expanded Newark is getting crowded.

But I got the impression that Tesla is working through permitting in a whole bunch of places in parallel and that the work crews doing the installation and the funding/hardware aren't really limiting factors right now, so why not take them all?

Every single site is susceptible to disruption. If we only have a single site like Newark, DE that goes dark for days we have major problems. Also a single site has scaling limits in terms of space and power availability. Multiple sites in close proximity are now common in California and are needed to serve busy corridors, something that I-95 in the mid-Atlanic certainly is.

With the model 3 coming along, I have a feeling Newark, Laurel, and these two new sites will be swamped. I think Tesla being proactive and opening many new sites along MAJOR corridors like 95 is a very smart move. Having two sites this close being built out at the same time probably also saves them labor costs.

Last edited:
Reactions: gavine and vdiv