Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Austell, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped by; no signs of construction yet. The digging activity out on the street (two places) that I described previously seems to have wrapped up. I don't know if either was related to this or not. The surveyor flags along the street are still there.

I stopped by on May 12th and May 23rd and there's still nothing yet.

There will be a big EV event here on July 9th (focused on fleets and local clean-fuels industry). Since having this site up and running by then, or at least under construction, would be a huge boon to the event, I used that as an opportunity to ask the site host if they knew anything. They say that all the permits are in place as far as they know, with the county (Cobb). So they're just like us, waiting for construction to start, and noted that they had expected it to start in May. Well, that could still happen :)

@AtlantaP3D can you get an update from your source, which I'm guessing is on the Tesla or subcontractor side?

(Obviously all of this activity was completely upended by EM's shocking move on April 29th to liquidate the entire SC team. We all know about that, but there have also been quite a bit more developments since then. If you want to discuss that general topic, or just catch up on what's happened, here's the thread for that.)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: vanjwilson
I stopped by on May 12th and May 23rd and there's still nothing yet.

There will be a big EV event here on July 9th (focused on fleets and local clean-fuels industry). Since having this site up and running by then, or at least under construction, would be a huge boon to the event, I used that as an opportunity to ask the site host if they knew anything. They say that all the permits are in place as far as they know, with the county (Cobb). So they're just like us, waiting for construction to start, and noted that they had expected it to start in May. Well, that could still happen :)

@AtlantaP3D can you get an update from your source, which I'm guessing is on the Tesla or subcontractor side?

(Obviously all of this activity was completely upended by EM's shocking move on April 29th to liquidate the entire SC team. We all know about that, but there have also been quite a bit more developments since then. If you want to discuss that general topic, or just catch up on what's happened, here's the thread for that.)
Source is no longer w Tesla. 😢