Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Taree, NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where is the bollard? Thanks
IMG_5398.jpeg

Reactions: Quickst and moa999
I go through downtown Taree nearly every week. There are road markings already there and the 2 new power poles, that are replacing the old poles where the cables will be routed up and joined to the overhead HV wires, are still lying on the ground waiting to be installed.

The last charging bay mentioned frequently in this thread seems to be nothing but a disabled parking bay. Those new poles have been lying on the ground for some time but people taking photos and submitting them on this thread have it seems to me failed to notice them from what I have seen.

Also markings are at 90 degrees to the curb it seems.

I do want to say here as someone that is local to the area there will be/are people that are not impressed with this installation's location and I hope the EV owners that use them will be considerate of their fears through loss of parking, nightly use etc not cause any more grievances that will make it difficult for all of us EV owners and especially for us local Tesla EV owners that have to face those "fearing" the new site regularly.;)

If I have time to stop and take photos will try to post them next week if someone else doesn't.

Last edited:
Reactions: coref1 and dronus
If I have time to stop and take photos will try to post them next week if someone else doesn't.

I’ve been in Taree this weekend and here’s the latest photos taken this afternoon.

All linemarking appears complete, 90° angle parking, ‘TESLA’ marking in each parking space, but this SC will not be Tesla-only, every space has the sign and QR code for charging your non-Tesla.

The final bay is not pull-through, yellow diagonal lines and the bollard mark the space next to it as not for parking.

I didn’t notice any poles lying on the ground. Nothing has happened to the pole across the road (which is on a bit of a lean) from where the power cabling will be routed.

IMG_5701.jpeg
IMG_5702.jpeg
IMG_5703.jpeg
IMG_5704.jpeg

IMG_5705.jpeg
IMG_5706.jpeg

I’ve been in Taree this weekend and here’s the latest photos taken this afternoon.

All linemarking appears complete, 90° angle parking, ‘TESLA’ marking in each parking space, but this SC will not be Tesla-only, every space has the sign and QR code for charging your non-Tesla.

The final bay is not pull-through, yellow diagonal lines and the bollard mark the space next to it as not for parking.

I didn’t notice any poles lying on the ground. Nothing has happened to the pole across the road (which is on a bit of a lean) from where the power cabling will be routed.

View attachment 1052775
In your last pic. On the other side of the road and down further are the two poles (inside barriers) mentioned by @TrevRex and I have seen them myself just last Tuesday when in town. The next pole down, near the new poles, also had barriers around it so maybe the hold up is the scheduling of the pole replacement as well as terminating power for the SC.

• Informative
Reactions: Vostok
Had to meet a client in downtown Taree this morning and so I stopped to take a couple of photos. Was going to post them but I saw this:

I didn’t notice any poles lying on the ground.
Ok using your own photo I will mark them in red.

1717373799109.jpeg

Now I will add these photos:

1717373998023.jpeg

1717374057202.jpeg

The poles lying on the ground are on my left in the next photo. Now why in my previous photos are 2 poles showing? I'm glad you asked.😁 Now the next photo shows the 2 existing poles with cables on the ground.

1717375284971.jpeg

Or a closer view of each existing pole:

1717376052516.jpeg

1717376107086.jpeg

So my guess is both those poles on the ground will replace both those existing poles with cables next to them.

Reactions: B3AU