Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right here:

CapturFiles-04-46-2019_08.46.50.jpg

Reactions: paulp
She told me she chose that combination because she was from Chiswick (London W4), I am from Narrikup (NK) and I had a model 3 Reservation, seems perfectly reasonable to me.
Initially I thought you were having a lend, but if you have actually got those plates I am surprised they were permitted. That plate is not allowed in NSW (no existing car has it, and trying to order it results in an error “Sorry, Plate is not available”).

Was just reading the review of M3P+ on Paul Maric of CarAdvice. What has me hopeful is that in the comments someone asked him when his order is arriving (as he has ordered a perf as well) and his response may be telling:

upload_2019-8-4_13-52-2.png

Of all people with inside access to Tesla, hopefully he isn't being BS'd like the rest of us and Tesla would tell him the truth.

Yes Tonsley. The Sloan Ranger used to do mobile service but last time i had to go to Tonsley. It was the first time i had been to the innovation center and it was a real eye opener. Lots of interesting things happening at Tonsley.
The most interesting thing happening at Tonsley when you first go there is playing a game called “finding tesla”.

Reactions: BenT
Was just reading the review of M3P+ on Paul Maric of CarAdvice. What has me hopeful is that in the comments someone asked him when his order is arriving (as he has ordered a perf as well) and his response may be telling:

View attachment 437579

Of all people with inside access to Tesla, hopefully he isn't being BS'd like the rest of us and Tesla would tell him the truth.

To me this reads as if he has been told exactly the same thing as everyone else - i.e. late August/ September.

Not sure why your "BS" reference has to come into it.

Not sure about anyone else, but I was never promised a June or July delivery...

Not sure why your "BS" reference has to come into it.

Three weeks ago I was promised delivery arrangements would be occurring the next week. Nothing. Then it was the week after. Nothing.

They said they would finalise dates 30 days before. I'm just saying they should provide much more clarity regarding their planning. With BMW you (or the dealer) know exactly where your vehicle is in the production side of things. I understand it's late August, but on their site it says August, not late august. If they were a bit more clear about all of this, I think their phone lines wouldn't be flooded 24/7. That's probably why they sent us that SMS last week, to quell the hordes of people calling in.

I love Tesla as much as the next person, but they tend to fly by the seat of their pants with this stuff.

It makes selling your old vehicle that much more difficult. Also, as I mentioned before you have to accept delivery within 7 days or they reassign your car. If you go on holiday/leave you are SOL.

Three weeks ago I was promised delivery arrangements would be occurring the next week. Nothing. Then it was the week after. Nothing.

They said they would finalise dates 30 days before. I'm just saying they should provide much more clarity regarding their planning. With BMW you (or the dealer) know exactly where your vehicle is in the production side of things. I understand it's late August, but on their site it says August, not late august. If they were a bit more clear about all of this, I think their phone lines wouldn't be flooded 24/7. That's probably why they sent us that SMS last week, to quell the hordes of people calling in.

I love Tesla as much as the next person, but they tend to fly by the seat of their pants with this stuff.

It makes selling your old vehicle that much more difficult. Also, as I mentioned before you have to accept delivery within 7 days or they reassign your car. If you go on holiday/leave you are SOL.
Also didn't say Mid August or Early August but ok

I worked out a long time ago, that local Tesla staff know little or no more than what you can read about directly from official Tesla/Elon pronouncements.

I have found any attempt to try and pry out more information from local Tesla personnel is an exercise in futility.

Could this have something to do with Tesla being listed on NASDAQ and the SEC not wanting to see a local sales person knowing the exact delivery date for a new geographic region before the official Tesla/Elon announcement has been made? I wonder...

If traditional car manufacturers can sell more cars by telling their customers "exactly where their vehicle is in the production side of things" good on them. That can be their point of differentiation.

I suspect Tesla is aiming to differentiate by other measures.

Given that my old car is worth somewhere between very little and nothing at all, I do not share the same stress and tension about arranging its disposal as you do, but I admit that that can indeed be a cause of frustration.

I have cancelled all holidays and social events and rescheduled all non-critical medical procedures for the months of August and September.