Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Once Tesla have the CCS2 adaptor for S/X and assuming it comes standard on the Aust Model 3, that will also make a difference, as we can then use the NRMA charging network in NSW (for free). I think that will help free congestion too.
The App is good in the city so you don't waste time rocking up to a SC if it is full, but not really useful in country areas where the next SC is 200kms away. Guessing it is much more useful in the US or Europe where you can probably drive another 50km to the next SC

I don't have any data to back up my hunch but I suspect that everyday use at least in my area (Gold Coast) will not see too many queues at the chargers as most people will have the option to be charging at home way cheaper. .
Yeah, and we're actually pretty lucky to have the 8 Stalls at Pac Fair. Even the Brisbane Service Centre only has 4, and Sunshine Coast has 6 I believe.
I drive all over the Coast for work, and see a few Teslas every day. But you're right, I think most people will charge at home. I'll try a SC for the experience of it, but only if I have to after that (because it won't be free for the M3). And with 6.6kW Solar and a PowerWall 2 being put in at home, it'll definitely be cheaper to charge at home.

Thanks for everyone's info on the HPWC vs other options btw.

Hell just froze over....
image.jpg
The Facebook comments from upset petrol heads (re-ICE car salesman) are often entertaining.

That Top Gear magazine is awesome :).

And I just watched a very detailed review video on the M3 SR:

With everything physical being the same between SR and SR+, there's now very little reason to get the SR+ imo (apart from range). From Foglights, to Seat Material, Centre Console, Electric Seat & Steering Wheel adjust - they're both identical.

The only things I can see that are software locked apart from range, are Heated Seats and some disabled Sepakers (but immersive sound still showing on the reviewed SR model). Even seat, steering wheel and mirror position programming, which could be removed from the software, is still in there on SR.

And with the battery being software locked, it means being able to safely charge to 90% or more on the SR without causing any extra battery degradation.

The SR may of course be dropped before we get them. And many people may still opt for the SR+ after all. But for me, there are very few differences left between them....

We should only be a week behind the UK given the FSD price increase delay is "for everyone who can't order FSD by May 1" aka all RHD markets
I don't read it that way. That would mean, there are only 9 days from the UK configurator to the Oz configurator coming on line. I would hope that when (ever) we get to configure, there would be, for us, an additional and reasonable time frame to decide on that offer.

I don't read it that way. That would mean, there are only 9 days from the UK configurator to the Oz configurator coming on line. I would hope that when (ever) we get to configure, there would be, for us, an additional and reasonable time frame to decide on that offer.

Really depends on your definition of “shortly thereafter”. Musk talk for wiggle room. It could mean we go online an hour later, a day later...?? Or a week.

Great we should know soon enough from UK ordering experience , if we will be able to order SR+ from day one.
Yes UK will be a great guide to that... but is SR+ even available in Europe yet? If not, it's a real stretch to think it will be made available here from the get-go.

My main interest is whether LR RWD be available "off the menu" here. That would be my pick.

And what is an example of something Tesla has done in the past few months that has been reasonable and predictable?

Either way, we'll know very shortly

• Funny
Reactions: bay74
And what is an example of something Tesla has done in the past few months that has been reasonable and predictable?

Either way, we'll know very shortly
Very true. Not long to go for the UK.
... but is SR+ even available in Europe yet?
Elon has stated his preference for the manufacture for M3 is SR (gets 3 SR for 2 LR production as he is constrained in battery supply), so it stands to reason that SR+ should be available more-so.

Yes UK will be a great guide to that... but is SR+ even available in Europe yet? If not, it's a real stretch to think it will be made available here from the get-go.

My main interest is whether LR RWD be available "off the menu" here. That would be my pick.
LR RWD definitely the car for Australia.
You can never have too much range, and unless you spend a month in Thredbo every year you'll never need AWD.

Reactions: baillies