Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to an event in an unfamiliar city. Parked in a secondary parking lot along the green median to my left and with no cars to my right. I was in the middle row of three and there were about 10 spaces in each row to my right. After the event I found a car parked very close to my right in the next space over, and no other cars in the whole lot. The driver was in the car and could not have gotten out through the driver’s door.
Summon to the rescue. And for fun, used the key fob to open all the doors to let the folks pile in.

Is she considering getting the upcoming VW ID Buzz?
idbuzz_vwcamper_01.jpg

:D

I told her about it a few months back. She's kind of "been there, done that" about vans in general and she agrees with me that the only company that has gotten EVs right thus far is Tesla.

I was planning on letting coworkers and friends test drive my Tesla, then I found out it goes against my insurance, if they wreck it. I had always thought it went against their insurance. I don't think it's worth the risk. I just tell them to go test drive at the local Tesla "dealership".
I took my insurance agent out for a ride in my Model 3. A client of his bought my Mini Cooper S, I was thankful I didn't have to deal with Craigslist flakes. Just said I'm going to try this "just once" and nailed the pedal to the floor then said "having done this once I don't see why I would ever need to do it again".

I was driving back from dinner with my wife, and we turn onto an open, wide-lane road with no cars in front of us. I look over at my wife and she's sitting, rigid, with a scrunched look on her face. Her head was pressed hard against the headrest, white-knuckled hands gripping the door and the seat. I ask her what's wrong? and she responds, "I hate this. I have to sit here, riding in this car, looking like a total idiot, because I never know when you are going to floor it!" I chuckled about that the whole way home (after I floored it, of course!).

Back in the late 60's I had a friend that had a 427 Corvette with three 2 barrel carburetors. The car did pretty good at 0-60.

He would place a $100 bill on the dash and tell the passenger if they could grab it before he shifted it was theirs. H never gave up a bill. I suspect you P owners could do something very similar. :D

Back in the late 60's I had a friend that had a 427 Corvette with three 2 barrel carburetors. The car did pretty good at 0-60.

He would place a $100 bill on the dash and tell the passenger if they could grab it before he shifted it was theirs. H never gave up a bill. I suspect you P owners could do something very similar. :D

I usually ask the passenger to change something on the touch screen. As they reach out, I floor it. Never had anyone touch the screen.

There's a string of YouTube videos of a guy doing exactly this with a Tesla.

The one that made the most impression on me actually wasn't one of those, though. There's fairly early video where someone left a phone on the center armrest when flooring it and doing the passenger reaction thing.

Naturally, it flew to the back seat - and stayed stuck halfway up the back, pinned by the force of acceleration until he let up.

My wife decided to drive our MS five hours to see me for an evening, then drive home. Only cost was wear on the tires. Tesla has changed the way people think about driving.

We've seen recently that a large portion of the people buying Tesla Model 3s are trading in Hondas.

Tesla time around town when people are curious is paying off. People are buying in who would have never considered a BMW or Mercedes.

Just today, my wife pointed out a kid taking a picture of us in our vintage P85. We were on the interstate that is frequented by many from out-of-state and in-state, but outside of the Nashville area.

In this part of the country pickups and SUVs outnumber Teslas by at least 100:1.

I’d like to buy another CPO. My wife doesn’t understand. My thought is that my transaction furthers EV adoption regardless whether I am first owner or fifth. The sale of my old MS will get another EV driver on board. Anyone agree?

My wife decided to drive our MS five hours to see me for an evening, then drive home. Only cost was wear on the tires. Tesla has changed the way people think about driving.

We've seen recently that a large portion of the people buying Tesla Model 3s are trading in Hondas.

Tesla time around town when people are curious is paying off. People are buying in who would have never considered a BMW or Mercedes.

I've been predicting that the Model 3 will upsell a lot of people from "family sedans" into Teslas. The Model S did that. A poll of Model S owners back in 2015 or 2016 found that something like 60% had never owner a car worth $60K+ before. I'm one of them. My last new car was $22K.

I was looking at $30K-$40K cars when I looked at the Model S on a lark. I would never have considered any other car in that price range. With all of them you are paying a lot of money for gadgets and trim and not much else. Where it counts a Mercedes S class has a lot more in common with a Chevy Impala than a Model S. With the Mercedes, it may have a little more power, a few more driver convenience gadgets, and a cushier seat, but it's still an ICE and under all the trim, there isn't that much difference. You're paying a lot of money for bragging rights.

I expect the entire mid-sized family sedan market to shrink in the next couple of years.

I did have a small Telsa Moment about a week ago. Teslas around here are getting common enough Tesla drivers don't tend to acknowledge other Tesla drivers anymore. I've parked next to other Teslas in parking lots a couple of times and happened to see the owners of the other cars approach to leave, they didn't even glance at my car.

Though a week ago I had a Model 3 flash his lights at me. I waved back.

I hesitate to call this a real Tesla moment because I wasn't driving my Tesla (gasp!, sorry!) but I recently swung through the minuscule town of Tesla, WV. I really wish I had been in a Tesla but logistics didn't permit it on that trip. Maybe next time. (And, no, that's not my car with the canoe on it.)

View attachment 326482 View attachment 326483
Is the "Tesla: Unincorporated" sign an indicator of the upcoming privatization? ;)