Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Product Announcement at noon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just because the core rate is $1000 doesn't mean you get to keep your old pack for $1000, and in fact Tesla has never done that. For $20k you get a pack upgrade and they keep your pack. So far they've never let anyone keep it for $1000 and I think it's a foolish assumption to make, leaving your entire plan with no feet to stand on.

I don't follow how if the kWh rate is nearing $200, that means Teska will start selling raw battery packs. Where did you get that conclusion?

Battery swap for $80? That's when tesla *had* a swapping station. They aren't doing that anymore. Is there some third party offering battery swaps for $80? I don't think so.

Well we certainly won't get to bartering of packs with an attitude like that....

Wow, this sounds like it is a trial run of what the Model 3 pack is going to be like architecture wise. It would be fascinating to see what changes they've made.

My guess is: Model ≡ would have a different pack format that won't be interchangeble with Model S and X. It will come with new larger cell format 21-70 because by that time, Gigafactory should be up and running.

A lot of people here are saying the upgrade costs $20k. But I have looked in the Tesla Model S and X configuratar before and after they added the 100 kwh battery option (Order a Tesla Model S | Tesla), an apple to apple comparison between P90DL and P100DL is actually just $10k, NOT $20k. (note that you cannot order P90DL anymore, and ludicrous upgrade option used to cost $10k)

A lot of people here are saying the upgrade costs $20k. But I have looked in the Tesla Model S and X configuratar before and after they added the 100 kwh battery option (Order a Tesla Model S | Tesla), an apple to apple comparison between P90DL and P100DL is actually just $10k, NOT $20k. (note that you cannot order P90DL anymore, and ludicrous upgrade option used to cost $10k)
To upgrade an existing P90DL vehicle costs $20k. The configuration difference on a vehicle that hasn't yet been built or delivered is $10k.

edit: Aaaand Boyd beat me to it. ;)

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Had ventilated seating in the black leather seats of my old car (gas guzziling infiniti qx56) and barely used it outside of messing with the wifey by turning it to max cool while she wasn't looking and saying "you gots to chill yo ass out!" Gotta say always had the opposite effect on her than intended. She didn't find it funny at all :p
I guess when she said, "You're in the doghouse literally" didn't go well for you either.

The 100 pack at 315mi is cool, but my 90 isn't so bad:

IMG_9114-s.jpg

He did not specify an average speed. I am confident his statement is correct at an average speed of 60 mph or less.

You would be surprised at how much more range you have at 60 compared to 75.

Plugging LA = > SF in a P90D with 21s into EV Trip Planner yields 317 rated miles with the speed multiplier set to 0.7 which should be about 55 mph.

• Informative
Reactions: DIL
I wonder how many years will it take before we will see 300 miles EPA Tesla selling for $35k, that's when EV will truly appeal to vast majority of drivers in the world.

I know Model 3 will have one that goes beyond 300 miles EPA, but it will be more like $50k after you option it up with bigger battery.