Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People putting out YT videos today about ATH, really? How about doing that when it was sub 900? But everyone smells it now.

People counting their riches today for trades put on two weeks ago, or for what they have held over two weeks? Congratulations but beware of easy come, easy go.

There are likely just as many that sold in the pains of 900s as held on, fewer that added.

Raising targets now? Really Wall Street? Original and worth flushing down the commode?

GJ memes and discussions? Again, just boring. They guy has egg splat (or think of your own substance) all over his face. Why is everyone giving him free rent?

Counting money up as if this went on forever? Look, I get it, been there, done that. Live your life, enjoy what comes, cause 3.14 e raised 5th power or whatever bull dream fodder sure aint gon happen. It might just be a sell signal you are ignoring.

And everyone sure hints and droppin trou and showing what they got is just low couth. ALL I know is that today nicely screwed up my budget for the year that I layed out at 1000 Zulu today. If you are young, don't compare to others, it will rob you of joy. If you are old and carry a big wad, good for you, it is the result of what you did before, the kind of thing these young bucksters can and will do if they learn. It is not the size that counts, IT IS WHAT YOU DO WITH IT!
There is a green transport, green energy generation and green storage transformational change, just beginning its accelerating growth stage. Enjoy the ride. The future is here, it is just not widely distributed yet.

This is annoying, and making the rounds on public media. Curious what reasons this owner would need to do this. Maybe he/she had his reasons. Still annoying the way it’s being spun. At least he has chains on. :). View attachment 751441
While I understand your annoyance, think of it this way....

{humor}

It clearly shows why Hybrids are a waste of time and not worth the extra cost automakers and stealerships put into them. You can purchase a cheap gas generator (as compared to hybrid extra cost) and achieve a similar function with a BEV.

A BEV can also run off natural gas if you purchase a natural gas generator... same with hydrogen or any other fuel.

It appears BEVs are extremely versatile.

Man this just completely ruins the Madmax movie....

Now that I think about it, I wonder if I can get the "Alternative Fuel Tax" I pay refunded if I show them I charge my BEV with a gas generator?

I feel vindicated today. Arguing with gas heads and used all their argument against tsla on their precious Ford's puny electric push.

At least they are not telling me that climate change is a hoax now and stfu when I say the ev manufactueing is the most important part.

How can you be sure you're debating real people and not anti-Tesla AI bots? 🤔

• Funny
Reactions: Discoducky
Just TSLA, in pst four year, low 7 figures… overall market past ten yeaSr (I don’t know where you get 10 years from but I’ll play ) mid 2nd decile eight figures.
Guess Marty gave you his Almanac. Surprised you don't yet own the world and only making 150k chump change. Biff took advantage of his windfall real quick.

Besides Tsla, does your crystal ball say anything about macro for 2022?

Last edited:
Well, I guess competition is coming….for solar roof.

An interesting product that I wouldn’t have thought would be ready for primetime yet. Gotta hand it to GAF - they saw the threat and acted quickly. Will be interesting to compare cost, specs, install process, and how it integrates into the whole home energy setup.

Anybody else having a hard time breathing right now??

TBH, yes.

Current Conditions.png

Slap me stupid. Sold 1.5% of my chairs today @1200. Bought in low 900s couple of weeks back. Clearing margin balance was the motivation.

no worries mate. i went deep (for me, it was not exactly in my comfort zone) into margin last week and trimmed back today as well. i know it’s going higher. but i have the rest of my short term position and my LT holdings to do the dirty work for me while i rest well tonight.

AP - this afternoon: $29,000 for an average used car? Would-be buyers are aghast

Excerpt:

...As prices for used vehicles blow past any seemingly rational level, it is the kind of scenario playing out at many auto dealerships across the country. Prices have soared so high, so fast, that buyers are being increasingly priced out of the market.

Consider that the average price of a used vehicle in the United States in November, according to Edmunds.com, was $29,011 — a dizzying 39% more than just 12 months earlier. And for the first time that anyone can recall, more than half of America’s households have less income than is considered necessary to buy the average-priced used vehicle...

So these ~150,000 cars per year will be shipped out of state?! Texas get your act together!
As a former UT Austin student, then longtime resident while working for Dell and somewhat involved in politics at an arms reach, I think Texas may hold its ground and not let Tesla owners take delivery in the state. I hope that won't come to pass however, but the auto lobby in Texas is only second to oil and then oil is only second to football.

There's the answer! :)

Using rough numbers of 1 billion shares outstanding, today's rise in market capitalization with TSLA up $150 is pretty easy to compute....

I've been wondering this afternoon what the single largest daily gain in any company's market cap has been, exclusive of capital raises. A more appropriate question would be, I strongly suspect, what is the second-highest amount?