Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any news from other exchanges that are open today on how our favorite stock is doing/did?

Tradegate Exchange Tesla Inc. | Berlin (TLO)

€921.40 EUR in USD => $1,049.97 @ 14:37 C.E.T.

TL0.chart.2022-01-17.14-37.CET.png

So, climbed back to flat vs Friday's Close on very low volume (8.7K shares)

Cheers!

Never ask the CEO of a chainsaw company if they want less regulation.
As a forester I can assure you that Mr. Stihl is leading an absolute leader in his sector. His company was first to get rid of carburetors, first to eliminate development of petrol and move all research to electric power tools. That's a huge leap for a company that 15 years ago devoted a small fortune to figuring out how to bring to market a fuel injected computer controlled saw that would perform better and have fewer emissions. To scrap all that and move all further research to electric was impressive. When that guy bemoans Germany's ability to think big it is very very telling.

If the only trade off is between better range or faster entertainment response time then I would easily choose the former.

If as some have speculated for years Tesla eventually wants to offer some sort of app store to sell purchase or subscription to a wider array of software, a less out of date media computer would seem a key requirement.

One thing I've not seen definitely answered (maybe it has and I missed it?) in the "here's what the new media computer" relevant to that though is how much storage does the new one have? MCU2 is wholly inadequate to things like storing any # of AAA video games... if that's really the direction Tesla wants to go I'd want to see the new one offering massively more storage than the old one, like 20x at bare minimum given the size of modern games.... If instead it's still like 64-128GB or something then it's a significant indicator Tesla is NOT planning to offer something like this anytime soon.

What do you mean? Tesla went from 8-years unlimited to 4years limited warranty - so the trend is lowering warranty not lengthening it, my 2014 P85+ has 5 months until I might pay ~20k to keep it alive after battery failure

They're on the idea all cars in the future will just be robotaxis and nobody will personally own cars.

it's a nice future much further away than some of its proponents seem to think it is.

I can go along with everything you point out here (though I find giving GM credit for the EV revolution, while not directly against Tesla, is disingenuous, distasteful and disrespectful to the American people), but I think a line was crossed with the nomination of Missy Cummings. Yes, she has academic credentials but she has been so openly anti Tesla, it's hard to take her appointment as anything other than opposition to Tesla by the administration.
And didnt we hear last week that she has been told to stay away from work to do with Tesla.

It may be worse than that. Per green's thread on Twitter, tear downs of compressors in Russia show internal mechanical damage. Software could probably detect these damaged units, but they can't be repaired as an OTA update.
Happy to discuss further in the engineering thread.
Investor Engineering Discussions
Normal if you open just to see why it stop working you broke it in part because this system is not for open it again when installed (it's because Tesla doesn't open it and replace it when not work ! I think it's no damaged but when they tried to open it they damaged the pump.

Disagree on several levels.

First, it's 2022, these are VERY expensive cars, and standards/expectations have changed.

Second, if you're taking a long-trip in, say, Canada or the northern tier of the US, the Nordic countries, etc., exposure to ambient temperatures for long periods WILL threaten your ability to actually keep yourself and your family alive.

Third, it very much appears that Tesla dropped the ball here as this is year TWO of these complaints, and I posit that IF Tesla had done better cold weather testing these failures would not have occurred.

As shareholders, we should all be disappointed with this issue, especially as it creates a huge FUD opportunity (that IS partially true!) that hampers Tesla's critical mission.

Until this is resolved, it DOES count as a Tesla "Fail," and a big one at that.
Agreed. This is not going to cost tesla 100’s of sales, this is going to cost tens of thousands of sales. As shareholders we should all be paying attention to this very closely. If Tesla gets labeled as a fair weather car the game changes.

I believe Elon when he says it is top priority for him and Tesla. But results matter on this one.

Agreed. This is not going to cost tesla 100’s of sales, this is going to cost tens of thousands of sales. As shareholders we should all be paying attention to this very closely. If Tesla gets labeled as a fair weather car the game changes.

I believe Elon when he says it is top priority for him and Tesla. But results matter on this one.
Havent they already put out a fix?

Havent they already put out a fix?

Current thinking in some of the engineering threads is this isn't a "fix" so much as a workaround, and one that won't fully resolve the issue for all conditions or owners.

That Tesla can do even that much via OTA is of course hugely valuable- but may or may not require further cost/effort to fully resolve.... Probably best to move deeper dive discussion of that to such threads.

Recall also that Tesla chose to repay this loan ASAP because it was not really free: it came with obligations to share some of the technology advances and required more filings and paperwork that were counterproductive to Tesla's mission.
OK, thanks for the info. But I didn't join the community until long after the loan had been paid off. I've done a little web searching for the details without much luck. (Mostly get articles about how paying the loan off early was unusual, but no links to Why. Even Tesla's announcement about getting the loan/paying off the loan don't add mutch.) Got a pointer as to what the terms actually were?

And didnt we hear last week that she has been told to stay away from work to do with Tesla.
We did, but that doesn't mean she won't voice her opinion to other NTSHA personnel whenever she gets a chance. And I'm sure there are other ways for her to provide roadblocks.

As I was putting the hammer down on a truly disgusting post, @ggr was seconds faster.

THIS is the reason politics and politically sensitive posts may not be placed in this thread.
Not “several”, but dozens of times someone thinks what he has to share is appropriate and correct and justified…..but even if so, that opens the doors for others to follow their own lesser angels.

And if THAT remains unclear or unfair to you, then for the many-th time, packup your bags and go hang out on Twitter, Reddit or anywhere else

Not sure if this was posted already:

Teslarati: "Another Tesla Model Y body with apparent space for structural battery sighted in Giga Texas"

News on the 26th..?

1642434240587.png

I somehow missed that Tesla has been steadily covering the roof of Gigafactory Nevada all through 2021:

Yep the it must be a dividend crowd keeps saying what can they do with all that money coming in. Well all the factories, delivery centers/service centers, and supercharging locations can be covered with panels.

It won't be cheap but it will reduce Tesla's cost of doing business in the long run.

They couldn't afford to do it everywhere before, but now with all this money coming in they have free reign to solar PV every site they own or lease.

As a forester I can assure you that Mr. Stihl is leading an absolute leader in his sector. His company was first to get rid of carburetors, first to eliminate development of petrol and move all research to electric power tools. That's a huge leap for a company that 15 years ago devoted a small fortune to figuring out how to bring to market a fuel injected computer controlled saw that would perform better and have fewer emissions. To scrap all that and move all further research to electric was impressive. When that guy bemoans Germany's ability to think big it is very very telling.
I'm of the opinion we'll see Tesla operations in Germany expand only when a tipping point is reached where it's in their domestic interest for it to do so.

As of now, Tesla is literally murdering their donestic automotive industry. Once they all acquiesce to reality and fully commit to transition, I think we'll see a neck and neck level of effort from Berlin and Shanghai. Then when Energy takes priority in 2025, Berlin might be the hub for Tesla.

It's not so much that they can't do it, like us in the US, it's that they're purposely adding delay where it benefits their interests.

Not sure if this was posted already:

Teslarati: "Another Tesla Model Y body with apparent space for structural battery sighted in Giga Texas"

News on the 26th..?

View attachment 756601
This is the same one Joe Tegtmeyer reported on January 14th