Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Naturally Tesla has to say the new colours are not available out of the other factories for technical reasons.

If they say "we're working on adding them, we think they'll be available in about a month" - great way to soften demand!!!

Expect the new colours to become available everywhere else - if they are successful out of the German factory - without warning. "Uh, remember those colours we said were not do-able for technical reasons? We figured out how to do them... and they're available NOW"
Yes, I agree and am calling BS on the "technical reasons". They already paint a 3 stage pearl red. If the existing kit can do this, it can already paint any other 2 or 3 stage colour they choose as well!

Pop is brought to you by

So as prognosticated earlier, and to be clear, Powell did not fall down a flight of stairs?

Don't know if you missed it, but Tesla board members only sell, not only that, to the best of my ability I cannot see what value they add to the company.

Larry Elison bought millions of TSLA shares after he joined the Board. Tell us what value Hiro Mizuno brought to the Aug 2020 share dividend and cap raise? Now tell us how the Founder of AirBnB will affect the rollout of the Tesla Network / Robotaxi?

Normally color would not be thought of as a demand lever for autos since traditionally there is a wide selection of choice, but interestingly enough Tesla has limited color options so long they could pull something like this off. How nice would it be for Tesla to introduce a seasonal color in a market to boost demand as needed? Give it a nice name and a limited date or production run (say 50k to 100k units) and boom instant demand creation (or pull forward).
The demand-pumping usefulness of any special item, like a fine color (I agree that the new red is magnificent), or a limited-time LR or free SpC or Mr Musk's signature or so forth, is a function solely of its surprise appearance. Were a unique color to be expected as a seasonal special, then orders soon would diminish in anticipation of the Next New Thing, and even worse, be susceptible to being received as a damp squib ( viz: "My favorite color - putty" <===and 42 TeslaPoints to the first who correctly provides the where, when and by whom).

1666322656404-png.866001

I really like this new color. I think I have seen it before but can't quite remember where?

The image above is a Render, so no you haven't actually seen the new Berlin paint yet. Soon! ;)

One of the Roadster 2 prototypes also had a candy apple red paint job. It has been displayed numerous times, this picture is from May 2021, taken at the Petersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles.

Roadster2.PetersenLA.May2021.jpg

Cheers!

Questioning one’s self is a form of self-awareness.

In my experience, in my field, any time someone has approached me with doubt about their abilities and/or the ability to gain required abilities it has always been an indication (that proves true) they’ll do just fine in the end. These people try harder in every aspect and continually examine themselves, their progress and where they want to get to.

Wondering if you’re crazy is part of the same process. It indicates you’re doing/feeling something that no one else around you appears to be doing/feeling. There’s a feeling you’re alone, often that the obstacles/challenges/negativity is never ending.

His brain never stops, never shuts up. For people built ‘normally’ (where normal indicates majority) that really creates crazy.

Humans have always suffered mental illness. Perhaps we suffer more now than in our history because of man made chemicals and conditions. I don’t know. But it has become more acceptable to talk about it and acquire treatment. However, questioning one’s sanity isn’t typically done by truly crazy people. So Elon’s good.
A quote from an old co-worker: "I'm not crazy, and I've got the paperwork to prove it!"

Twitter down about 5%, Tesla up about 3%... on news the US Government might hinder or stop purchase of Twitter. Interesting... so the SP of TSLA is not based on their industry leading innovation and fundamentals?

I like to believe I am informed and smarter than the average "bear", but this confirms to me, at least once the Twitter talks starts blowing over, people might start using their heads again and valuating Tesla for what it is. At least for a short time before the next Elongate.

A man can dream right?

Hedgies and those hoping to kill this deal rounded 2nd base last week and thought they had already hit a home run. But yesterday they realized they hit a foul ball and had to go back to bat. That was Frontpage news. Yes, I would - and I have - bet on Elon in a game of Moneyball against this Administration and the Hedgies combined.

FTFY (tweaked mixed metaphors)... Good rhetoric is hard to fine. ;)

Cheers to the Longs!

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2022-10-21.15-35.png

The demand-pumping usefulness of any special item, like a fine color (I agree that the new red is magnificent), or a limited-time LR or free SpC or Mr Musk's signature or so forth, is a function solely of its surprise appearance. Were a unique color to be expected as a seasonal special, then orders soon would diminish in anticipation of the Next New Thing, and even worse, be susceptible to being received as a damp squib. "My favorite color: putty" <===and 42 TeslaPoints to the first who correctly provides the where, when and by whom.
Elaine?

Elon sure seems to be having fun with Twitter sugar while the retail TSLA is being burned to the ground by shortzes, MMs and Hedgies .

Options gamblers, maybe. Actual TSLA shareholders haven't been harmed unless they sold. Maybe the SEC can fix that for them? :p

I still own every single one of my TSLA shares. In fact, many TSLA long investors now have more TSLA shares than after AI Day 2.