Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Tesla Cars to Retain Tax Credit Under Revised IRA Rules in US Except for Model 3 RWD"

Does anyone have a list of vehicles that previously received the tax credit and will no longer receive it after April 18th? News so far seems good for Tesla - only the Model 3 RWD will be affected it seems.

"Tesla Cars to Retain Tax Credit Under Revised IRA Rules in US Except for Model 3 RWD"

Does anyone have a list of vehicles that previously received the tax credit and will no longer receive it after April 18th? News so far seems good for Tesla - only the Model 3 RWD will be affected it seems.

Time for Tesla to bring back the M3 LR, and all those LFP batteries can be dumped into storage products.

Probably not yet (it's dependent on internal supply chains), need to do a diff of Federal Tax Credits for Electric and Plug-in Hybrid Cars on or after April 18.

Someone on twitter told of a Kia person "unplugging" the supercharger form their tesla before it was charged. And then plugging the charger into their kia.
I wonder if I am going to be heard?
My reply/suggestion (Done in my cranky old man style)
"
Hey
@elonmusk
This is how humans behave. I have a cure. Make software that doesn't allow a charger to be used until the car that just used it leaves the spot. How has Tesla not thought of this already? And thank me with a six pack of That german beer. Empty bottles if you musk/t."
And then I said another option would be to move me up in line for my cyber(nota)truck so I can enjoy it before I die.

Someone on twitter told of a Kia person "unplugging" the supercharger form their tesla before it was charged. And then plugging the charger into their kia.
"
Hey
@elonmusk
This is how humans behave. I have a cure. Make software that doesn't allow a charger to be used until the car that just used it leaves the spot. How has Tesla not thought of this already? And thank me with a six pack of That german beer. Empty bottles if you musk/t."
And then I said another option would be to move me up in line for my cyber(nota)truck so I can enjoy it before I die.
Almost. Add "unless the plugged in vehicle has stopped charging".

"
Hey
@elonmusk
In US?
Vehicle should lock the supercharger cable when car is locked.
Since a Kia used it, it was likely a J1772 (or CCS) EVSE and the person unplugged the non-supercharger from the adapter.

That interface is out of Tesla's control (as are non-Superchargers)

Is it too early to gloat?
Remember, we should be comparing any delivery numbers to Troy's 409,000 number from 14th March. I mean, what is a forecast for if it comes 2 days before the end of the quarter?
Yeah not sure what people are paying for if wall street consensus was more correct for the entire quarter. The only way Troy gets a win here if we come in under wall street consensus by 10k. Anything that matches it or exceed makes his analysis kind of useless.

Remember, we should be comparing any delivery numbers to Troy's 409,000 number from 14th March. I mean, what is a forecast for if it comes 2 days before the end of the quarter?

If 'forecast closer to real data date' is bad why wouldn't we use his FIRST estimate since it's the furthest in time from the real data date? That's 426k for deliveries.

I honestly don’t understand the point of tracking this so close any more throughout the quarter. Back when deliveries meant make or break for the company, sure. But that time has past.

I honestly don’t understand the point of tracking this so close any more throughout the quarter. Back when deliveries meant make or break for the company, sure. But that time has past.
Because some people get paid.....(Patreon) ...others get paid in attention...clicks.

Pretty silly if ya ask me....but no one did so....

That's a misleading headline. The article even explains the RWD would get half the tax credit. The headline makes it seem like it's going to zero.

A new youtube video tour of the Berlin Gigafactory. Turn on English etc sub-titles as it's in German.
Really nice PR for Tesla! Kinda surreal for English speakers as the auto translate of the auto generated subtitles almost makes trying to decode the German easier and more accurate 😂

In the end, the message is that Tesla is doing leading edge manufacturing and is well ahead of other German OEMs such as Volkswagen.

Came out 2 days before the end of the quarter, so why are people even waiting for the release?

Forecasts closer to the actual date should be more accurate as more information has become available, and yet still nobody outside of Tesla knows what the exact number is. This is exactly how forecasting is supposed to work, for those who do forecasts in their career.

If 'forecast closer to real data date' is bad why wouldn't we use his FIRST estimate since it's the furthest in time from the real data date? That's 426k for deliveries.

His first "forecast" is no better than wallstreet's forecast...which is a best guess. Then he fine tunes it the entire quarter based on Tesla's execution with misleading indicators. I don't know if this is valuable or not when Tesla is no longer executing with massive surprises like Q1 2019 which I think Troy was the only one who was a debbie downer and was right. That was valuable...now there's just more noise than signal from his analysis.