Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As they should. If GM switches to NACS then it's game over for CCS and any other standard in the US. And Tesla is almost certain to remain as the largest charging network for decades.
The customer is the real winner here. It's good to see the better solution being adopted....does not always happen.

What the hell.... Mary Barra is how hosting Twitter space with Elon Musk on future of EV charting now. Seconding coming of Ford, announcing adopting to NACS?

1686256352390.png

Edit: Elon kind of confirmed it:
1686256502176.png

TSLA is sneaking up on Technical resistance from Nov 01, 2022 which was 237.40 over 7 mths ago. We're now at $234.85 (3:50 pm ET)

View attachment 945071

Personally, I think FOMO beats TA this run... ;)

Cheers to the Longs!

Well, we marched up smartly to that resistance level by 4:20 ET during the After-hrs session:

TSLA.2023-06-08.16-20.Hi4.Resistance.from.2022-11-01.png

TSLA After-Hours Quotes Live​

This page refreshes every 30 seconds.
Data last updated Jun 8, 2023 04:19 PM ET.
Consolidated Last Sale$235.565 +10.995 (+4.90%)
After-Hours Volume1,444,431
After-Hours High$237.9 (04:19:07 PM)
After-Hours Low$231.0504 (04:11:47 PM)

So Technicians have had their way, now let's see if the Bulls outnumber the Bears... ;)

Cheers!

Mary Barra and Elon going live in 25 minutes. GM adopting NACS too?

Tesla will in future be energy provider for almost all EVs. I expect the supercharger network to grow much much faster. The utilization will also increase and this is going to create a flywheel effect. The day is not far when majority of superchargers have storage with them connected to Tesla solar/ and other renewable grid sources. With autobidder, Tesla will get almost free electricity to store at supercharger megapack sites considering how quickly solar and wind are expanding. Next would be selling tesla home charger equipment to almost EVs. I just can not fathom how big this announcement is!!!!

If you exclude the dead-car-walking Bolt, GM and Ford combined to sell less than 15,000 BEVs in Q1.... VW and Hyundai/Kia together sold over 22,000... (plus thousands more from BMW, Rivian, Mercedes, Volvo, Polestar and handfulls from others)--- so I'm not sure CCS is ENTIRELY dead yet... but I wouldn't sell it any life insurance.
It's much more about GM and Ford's influence in the US than number of cars sold. With the three largest US automakers all on board, it becomes very risky for anyone else to continue down the CCS path.

My head is already spinning over thinking what a catalyst the Ford announcement was, and now GM too! 🤑

If this is a dream, please, please, don't wake me up. 🛌😴💤
If Tesla would actually disclose the financial terms of these deals that would really light a fuse.

We all know non-Tesla EV's will pay double the rate of a Tesla owner but Wall St won't really realize the impact of that until it starts to show up in earnings. But I'm very curious to know what kind of direct payment from Ford/GM to Tesla is happening behind the scenes. Tesla will likely phrase it as "Ford and GM investing money to help Tesla build out the Supercharger network" but in reality, Tesla was already going to continue building out the Supercharger network. It's still payments to Tesla's cash balance.

Tesla will in future be energy provider for almost all EVs. I expect the supercharger network to grow much much faster. The utilization will also increase and this is going to create a flywheel effect. The day is not far when majority of superchargers have storage with them connected to Tesla solar/ and other renewable grid sources. With autobidder, Tesla will get almost free electricity to store at supercharger megapack sites considering how quickly solar and wind are expanding. Next would be selling tesla home charger equipment to almost EVs. I just can not fathom how big this announcement is!!!!
Exactly. It's hard see how someone can't see the long-term implications of Tesla's Supercharging being the gas station of the future for all EV's. Tesla will no doubt eventually get all of their Superchargers off the grid with combination of solar/storage so the cost to them to run it will eventually be non-material while they charge for the usage.

The amount recurring revenue at high margin for Tesla is just as big as their SAAS FSD potential.