Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, TSLA really followed the S&P the whole day with the usual sensitivity multiplier. It's this AH nonsense that’s killing us relative to the indexes.

Market makers probably don't want $670-$700 call holders get ideas and exercise their calls, speculating on a weekend gap up...

The rally in Nasdaq and S&P futures is strong: S&P futures are close to breaking through 3,000.

You guys really need to own more than just one stock. Broad market buy in last mins probably thinking massive rebound next week.

All my tech stock had a massive rally the last 15 mins.

Dang! Even though TSLA is (by far) my largest holding, and it was down today, my account ended the day in the green due mostly to some recent purchases of Crisper Therapeutics (one of ARK's highest conviction holdings) being up over 8% today and some new additions of TSLA added at prices below yesterday's close.

I think TSLA is an absolute winner (otherwise it wouldn't be my largest holding) but, I completely agree on owning more than one stock. ARK Invest has made a compelling case over the last year that the genomics market is undervalued and ripe for appreciation. I only have a relatively small stake in their ARKG genomics fund because it is more diversified than I like. However, it has performed admirably in the few months I've owned it.

But here's the kicker - they have done the research on the small companies in their fund that have little public information available so I pick and choose amongst their highest conviction picks. There is a lot of fraud and deception (and "me too's") in the sector but I feel confident that ARK has vetted out that type of player, at least with their highest conviction picks. They actually visit these companies and have their own experts talk to the people working on the technology. Some of these companies will be 100 or 1000 baggers. so it makes sense to spread some investment their way. According to ARK, the sector is going to experience amazing growth over the next decade.

He needs to let each organization do their job irrespective of bias from above.
Thankfully, my boss at work isn't like him.

Arguably it is the job of the Fed to counter adverse supply and demand shocks that might hurt the U.S. economy - which the coronavirus certainly has the capability to do.

So while Trump's motivation is to get reelected, he's right that the Fed should act - which the Fed today signalled that they are willing to do, via rate cuts.

Attachments

• 7EAF13BD-87F8-4A74-9C14-DC2B9E00760E.png
    7EAF13BD-87F8-4A74-9C14-DC2B9E00760E.png
    494.9 KB · Views: 75