Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My view on the Tesla share price in 5-10 years time...

Kimbal's hat +$10
Coronavirus -$0

Shot term who knows. But if this is the Investors Bar why isn't everyone drinking Teslaquila?

If you are trading short term on Tesla you need to be brave and smart, long term sit back and soak in the ambience...

Yes, if us or our family are very unlucky we could be affected, same risk every time we drive a car, and this is far from the only disease humans can catch....

Reactions: Nocturnal
We bought a box of like 25 N95 masks last year (had to spend a week moving a relative out of a very moldy house) and we still have a ton of them and now we’re thinking, hmm, should we sell ‘em for a bunch of TSLA shares, or hold on to them for the zombie hordes... tough choice? Nah! :)
I have about 10 N95 masks, lots of shoe covers and a few white protective suits I bought last year cleaning out my mother's house after my sister had 31 cats (Sorry @Kruggerand I'm not a fan of cats) and no litter boxes. Maybe we can get together and start a business removing all the CV casualties from their homes. Finally a use for the tow hitch on my X. Anyone corner the market on Purell? There are still some money making opportunities out there with a little imagination.

Tesla's Model Y Rolls Out With a Whimper Amid Cornonavirus Pandemic

The scappy automaker, who has been struggling to roll-out it's latest model, a small and stripped-down version of its now aging Model X, delivered it's first Model Y production units to Tesla's adoring loyalists. The question on everyone's minds is whether this rollout will be a repeat of the disaster faced over two years ago as Tesla struggled to reach projected production numbers with its Model 3.

/s
Dana, is that you?

The Daily Short Selling Report is out from FINRA. It was another day of high volume naked short selling with the 'Uptick Rule' curcuit breakers supposedly protecting Investors:
  • 5.80% naked short vs today's non-exempt Short Vol
  • 137th Percentile rank naked shorting vs Feb 2020 data
But its the 1st time TSLA has managed to Close above its Open during this prolonged bear attack (Feb 2020).

View attachment 516171

I'm not saying that the Bears won't continue their raids; I'm saying that they've dulled their claws. And thats a good thing for TSLA.

Cheers!

crazy! So do these guys now take a 13 day break and try this **** again?

I ended up selling just under half of my total TSLA holdings (all of my LEAPs and 1/3 of my shares) in tranches between $835 and $655 this week. It felt weird to be so TSLA-light. I actually started to follow the other stocks in my portfolio more (because they started to make up a worthwhile % of my held stocks). I feel like the reversal may be happening so I ended up buying back half of what I sold before close today at $655. Still not buying any LEAPs though. I may end up losing in the long run with this strategy if it jumps way up Monday but I feel more comfortable sitting on a lot of cash over the weekend. Timing the market usually doesn't work but I just don't have a good sense of what next week will bring - TSLA could go way up or way down and I wouldn't be surprised either way.

The degree of complacency on this thread is something to behold.

The US govt has advised against all but essential travel to fellow G7 country Italy and the world’s second largest economy China. Let that sink in.

Japan, the third largest economy, has shut schools nationwide for a month. The Uk, the 6th largest, is considering the same but for two months. All around Europe businesses are telling their employees to cancel all business travel and work from home (matching the advice in Asia). Airlines are slashing routes because already they have insufficient passengers. Country after country are instituting bans on travel from certain countries and quarantining or self isolation of visitors.

We are witnessing the rapid unravelling of international travel, the key plank of our globalised economy, and that is without factoring in the likely interruption to internationally integrated supply chains and the shock to aggregate demand everywhere covid-19 takes a hold.

I suspect as others have noted, it won’t take long for the market to shrug off Friday’s positive noises from the Fed. Because unlike in 2008, this time a rates cut is not going to do anything to loosen corporate travel bans or encourage households to go out and spend more money, until they feel the personal risk is reduced to a satisfactory level.

Sorry if this sounds miserable but I fear we have barely scratched the surface in terms of how badly this crisis will impact markets and underlying economies.

Thank god Tesla raised that cash when it did, at least when this is all over it will still be there to continue its work. It will be a different matter for many other corporate giants.

Last edited:
The degree of complacency on this thread is something to behold.

The US govt has advised against all but essential travel to fellow G7 country Italy and the world’s second largest economy China. Let that sink in.

Japan, the third largest economy, has shut schools nationwide for a month. The Uk, the 6th largest, is considering the same but for two months. All around Europe businesses are telling their employees to cancel all business travel and work from home (matching the advice in Asia). Airlines are slashing routes because already they have insufficient passengers. Country after country are instituting bans on travel from certain countries and quarantining or self isolation of visitors.

We are witnessing the rapid unravelling of international travel, the key plank of our globalised economy, and that is without factoring in the likely interruption to internationally integrated supply chains and the shock to aggregate demand everywhere covid-19 takes a hold.

I suspect as have have noted, it won’t take long for the market to shrug off Friday’s positive noises from the Fed. Because unlike in 2008, this time a rates cut is not going to do anything to loosen corporate travel bans or encourage households to go out and spend more money, until they feel the personal risk is reduced to a satisfactory level.

Sorry if this sounds miserable but I fear we have barely scratched the surface in terms of how badly this crisis will impact markets and underlying economies.

Thank god Tesla raised that cash when it did, at least when this is all over it will still be there to continue its work. It will be a different matter for many other corporate giants.
I agree , I tried to rais concerns about how serious this was days ago but had multiple of my posts removed by mods so frustrating, now we are witnessing the first break out in america in California . imagine if we find out next week the Fremont factory has to shut down over the virus.

Dang! Even though TSLA is (by far) my largest holding, and it was down today, my account ended the day in the green due mostly to some recent purchases of Crisper Therapeutics (one of ARK's highest conviction holdings) being up over 8% today and some new additions of TSLA added at prices below yesterday's close.

I think TSLA is an absolute winner (otherwise it wouldn't be my largest holding) but, I completely agree on owning more than one stock. ARK Invest has made a compelling case over the last year that the genomics market is undervalued and ripe for appreciation. I only have a relatively small stake in their ARKG genomics fund because it is more diversified than I like. However, it has performed admirably in the few months I've owned it.

But here's the kicker - they have done the research on the small companies in their fund that have little public information available so I pick and choose amongst their highest conviction picks. There is a lot of fraud and deception (and "me too's") in the sector but I feel confident that ARK has vetted out that type of player, at least with their highest conviction picks. They actually visit these companies and have their own experts talk to the people working on the technology. Some of these companies will be 100 or 1000 baggers. so it makes sense to spread some investment their way. According to ARK, the sector is going to experience amazing growth over the next decade.

was at CRISPR couple weeks ago. Fun group and good company culture. I had loaded on nanostring and that still has legs...but still like tesla better.

I agree , I tried to rais concerns about how serious this was days ago but had multiple of my posts removed by mods so frustrating, now we are witnessing the first break out in america in California . imagine if we find out next week the Fremont factory has to shut down over the virus.
Travel and tourism was 10.5% of global GDP in 2018. The sector is unravelling before our eyes. What does closing Italy off to tourism do to its already near bankrupt banking system? What does that in time do to the economic and political integrity of the Eurozone?

And does this video have anything to do with TSLA? Can you at least tell us something about the video?
Are you kidding? Everything Elon says, touches, or looks at sideways affects Tesla. You may not have noticed, but the market is emotional. The Bears chose a strategy long ago to 'play the man, not the ball'. They can not win on facts, so they attack the man. Ad hominem.

I posted the Youtube version of the interview as a reply to a previous post (follow the up-arrow for discussion). My comment is intended to assist international-based members to watch Elon's interview without having to access a US Military owned/controlled website. Or did it not occur to you that might be a problem for some viewers?

Now ask yourself what value your comment brought? I'm struggling to see it.