Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if this is part of the inclusion. Either way, my tendies are multiplying.

Regarding S&P 500 inclusion, a split is essentially a meaningless factor. However, it may increase the likelihood of inclusion in the Dow Jones Industrial Average, in which a high priced stock would unrealistically skew the average. :cool:

Yeah that sucks
Unless the fund has ultra strict rules to only buy when listed
This is totally intentional from Tesla due to pending S&P listing

Definitely intentional and urgent - Elon said we’d discuss it at shareholder’s meeting. Obviously they felt this would be beneficial NOW and not worth putting off.

What we really don't know yet is the real price. Lucid is saying, starts at $60k and tops out just over $100k

"Lucid CEO Peter Rawlinson, who led development of the Model S while working for Elon Musk, has said the Air will outmatch Tesla's sedan in terms of interior luxury, dash from 0 to 60 mph in 2.5 seconds, and start at more than $100,000."

Lucid Motors' $100,000 luxury sedan is now 'the world's longest range electric vehicle,' smashing the record set by Tesla's Model S

So what goes on between Aug 21-28? It sounds like shares trade at current prices but you don't get the extra 4?

Yeah, the way that sounds I can sell my shares 8/22, but then on 8/28 they will give me four for each one I had, and the person that bought mine on 8/22 will still only have one? So the price will plummet on 8/21, or 8/22?

All....5:1 split is exciting....but can we get back to the Lucid AIR Tesla Killer now?? :) $TSLA was so oversold for the past 3 trading days...the split will happen prior to battery day which should cause some good volume buying, S&P potential announcement, Q3 record breaking numbers....as the song goes..."Damn...it feels good to be a gangster ($TSLA owner)

Congrats to us all :)

Are you familiar with this language? I was not expecting the "dividend" part. In a traditional split option holders would receive 5x as many options, they would all be valued at 1/5 of current, to be net neutral. Is this a traditional split?

I'm saying that if you want to buy say a 2022 June leap at 20% above current market price, it would now cost 1/5th as much. Leaps are much more affordable now - a leap like that would have cost 10s of thousands of dollars before. This could be a bit of a negative for the SP since it will allow more people to buy leaps instead of shares on margin.

• Informative
Reactions: JusRelax