Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today's MMD:
h38ACFF14

Cost of the PW in Oz is around 12k AUD, this subsidy halves that...
Tesla offered to make much less per unit on a project to install integrated PWs in public housing, then a more coal-centric govt switch from that to direct subsidies.

The difference is that Tesla can now charge a tonore per unit and the wealthy will get most of the benefit. Not surprising. Good for TSLA share price, and US consumers hoping to get their hands on a PW2.

Sorry, but as markets aren't open yet... On the whole subject of tariffs it's tricky - I assume they came to be in order to try to stop dumping of cheap goods, made in countries where labor is cheap, into higher-priced markets.

Take Tesla, for example. Imagine Tesla China is a separate company. Imagine they can produce a Model 3 for 50% of the cost compared to Tesla USA. Then imagine that Glovis Captain ship bringing them all to the USA and under-cutting Tesla USA's prices by 25%. OK, it's a bit of a thought-experiment, but you get the picture.

So in some cases, tariffs are justified.

What I disagree with, is the ramping-up of punitive tariffs as a mechanism to force another country to reconsider their tariffs. This is a very childish approach and has led to turmoil in the markets. Negotiation is always a better approach.
The tariffs are a form of negotiation. The Chinese haven't been dealt with for decades and scam across the globe. A little pain is good for negotiations, and everything is pointing to China feeling alot of pain right now.

Lets move all talk about profits and the ER out of here too, so that all discussion about things that can significantly move the stock price get banned, and all that is left is meaningless crap...

Talking about the effects of an addition makes sense. Talking about what is required to be added is a Let Me Google That For You.

I'm showing $375.22 at Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) Interactive Chart

Only 40k shares/ minute, pretty light compared to the raids of the past.
I tried that website and it indeed shows $375,XX, but at "stockcharts.com" and yahoo finance I get $358,XX.

To be honest I don't find your linked website user friendly so I might be charting incorrectly. Either way I think stockcharts.com is one of the more accurate websites so I doubt it is incorrect regarding BB on this one.

• Informative
Reactions: mongo
I tried that website and it indeed shows $375,XX, but at "stockcharts.com" and yahoo finance I get $358,XX.

To be honest I don't find your linked website user friendly so I might be charting incorrectly. Either way I think stockcharts.com is one of the more accurate websites so I doubt it is incorrect regarding BB on this one.

My bad, @Papafox's chart from yesterday agrees with you so I guess that site is misleading (or lagging).
It's crazy how fast the standard deviation is shrinking!

Reactions: jeewee3000