Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Caught this chart on Bloomberg TV earlier today (forgive the quality, this is a photo of the TV). Would be interested to see which analysts contributed to these long term consensus earnings estimates (because almost no one on Wall Street has Price targets that match these growth projections)

View attachment 503303

Looks like '27 is going to be EXCITING!!!!

Although I think my bull case wouldn't really value it. There isn't much to insure in a world of near perfect FSD.

Could be. But provided it's within the capabilities of the company and you like to build an eco system around your product. Then why not provide the tech, the material stuff, the fuel and the financial services ? Let's say close to everything for letting your products being used ?

Last edited:
The change (as always) will start with our youth. Watch this Youtuber getting 'man in the street' Cybertruck impressions at Red Deer College (central Alberta), shortly after the CT reveal event. The iPhone generation is def going 'cyber', and their friends will pile in:

"Asking Truck Guys What They Think of Tesla's Cybertruck..."

Cheers!
Stereotypes are strong... Let us be early adopters and make these guys see their trucks are obsolete. Iphone does not have keyboard moment. I bet their opinions on looks of the truck won't last long.

Cramer just now:

"All those comparisons to Ford and General Motors... they're fatuous. It's like saying that cheap, commodity semiconductors like DRAMS should be valued the same as proprietary microprocessors from AMD or proprietary graphics chips from Nvidia. That is ridiculous. Commodity chips will never be valued like specialty chips. Ford and GM are in the commodity auto business. Stop comparing their market capitalisations to Tesla, which is 1000x more proprietary. Instead, I think it makes more sense to think of [Tesla] as a tech company. Ya know, kind of along the lines of Nvidia or AMD, if those have become the relevant comparisons, it makes total sense that the stock would be moving relentlessly higher here, and while I hate to recommend anything that has run this much, you know what? I think Tesla's got more upside."
Nope...still don't like/ trust/ respect him.

Caught this chart on Bloomberg TV earlier today (forgive the quality, this is a photo of the TV). Would be interested to see which analysts contributed to these long term consensus earnings estimates (because almost no one on Wall Street has Price targets that match these growth projections)

View attachment 503303
Indeed interesting. -$2.16 is the sum of the EPS for Q1-Q3, so to get to -$0.12 would need EPS for Q4 to be $2.04. This is somewhat above what Yahoo says is consensus of $1.72. (Note that this is only an approximate calculation, since you can't really add EPSs that way. But I think it's closer than that gap.)

I have not seen this posted, but lordy it is easy to miss something on this forum. I believe this is new, hopefully not proven wrong. Seems Tesla recently added WIFi to their home wall chargers. I have been looking for something like this to happen as it begins to pave the way for your Tesla to become a power wall or ultimately enable vehicle to grid (V2G). Tesla has been quiet on V2G but folks looking out into the future of energy infrastructure adore the idea. Within a few more years a fraction of the fleet plugged in at the right time, all willing to give up a fraction of their total charge will destroy the so-called duck curve. It also allows a lot higher % of variable sources (wind & solar) on the production side. Wildly disruptive to energy markets.

Update on my mother who I forced to invest in TSLA 2 years ago and has been yapping about it ever since..........she's had f--- all to say the last few months. What's up with that? Truly Irish people are just weird.

My mom came to me by herself wanting to invest mid-November before Cybertruck. She got 3 shares @ $350, which was some really good timing.

She recently started reading Elon's biography by Ashley Vance, and has become more excited so she picked up another 2 shares at open yesterday.

She said she never knew that Elon went through such hardships and that he was such a hard worker. She has immense respect for him now.

Long thread updating the status on the Tripp case:

Nafnlaus on Twitter

There's a wealth of screenshots from the court docs in there... some of it incredibly telling. Such as Tripp repeatedly talking about how Linette has a personal vendetta against Musk and was going around canvasing GF workers for anyone who would leak to her.

More interesting, however, is that while he repeatedly denied getting paid by Lopez, he kept talking with other employees about payments for leaking damaging info about Tesla (the number $50k crops up multiple times). Perhaps some of the most interesting parts:

EO7bmbkX4AEWQ-r

In particular, these excerpts:

EO7bmdsX0AAO1Bo

But, even more interesting:

EO7bmf4W4AADSMt

Stop and ask yourself:

WHO ARE THE "AWESOME PEOPLE" GIVING TRIPP MONEY FOR HURTING TESLA?

That's a question that SERIOUSLY needs some answers.

There's a reason Tesla sued Tripp for $167 million dollars, and it's not that they think he's good for the cash. When this case is over, ruling in hand, they're very clearly going to move straight on from him to the "awesome people" doling out cash for anything that can hurt Tesla.

Nafnlaus on Twitter

There's a wealth of screenshots from the court docs in there... some of it incredibly telling. Such as Tripp repeatedly talking about how Linette has a personal vendetta against Musk and was going around canvasing GF workers for anyone who would leak to her.

More interesting, however, is that while he repeatedly denied getting paid by Lopez, he kept talking with other employees about payments for leaking damaging info about Tesla (the number $50k crops up multiple times). Perhaps some of the most interesting parts:

EO7bmbkX4AEWQ-r

EO7bmdsX0AAO1Bo

EO7bmf4W4AADSMt

Stop and ask yourself:

There's a reason Tesla sued Tripp for $167 million dollars, and it's not that they think he's good for the cash. When this case is over, ruling in hand, they're very clearly going to move straight on from him to the "awesome people" doling out cash for anything that can hurt Tesla.

Wow I was wondering what if anything had gone on with this case. Fascinating twitter read. Thanks so much.

I have not seen this posted, but lordy it is easy to miss something on this forum. I believe this is new, hopefully not proven wrong. Seems Tesla recently added WIFi to their home wall chargers. I have been looking for something like this to happen as it begins to pave the way for your Tesla to become a power wall or ultimately enable vehicle to grid (V2G). Tesla has been quiet on V2G but folks looking out into the future of energy infrastructure adore the idea. Within a few more years a fraction of the fleet plugged in at the right time, all willing to give up a fraction of their total charge will destroy the so-called duck curve. It also allows a lot higher % of variable sources (wind & solar) on the production side. Wildly disruptive to energy markets.

V2G has been dismissed for fear of battery degradation. This might go away with Maxwell tech and longer lasting cells (more cycles).

But you can get most of the grid benefit with zero risk, just by letting the charger choose the rate of charge, based on price signals. Charge the car really slow (or wait) when demand is high and charge fast when demand is low. V2GLite.

Nafnlaus on Twitter

EO7bmbkX4AEWQ-r

EO7bmdsX0AAO1Bo

EO7bmf4W4AADSMt

Stop and ask yourself:

Thanks for the summary Karen.

Remember Tripp had a gofundme campaign to pay his legal bills with a goal of $500,000? He made it to just over $22,000. After reading all that, I wonder if his donors still feel good about their contribution to the poor oppressed little guy being abused by the rich and powerful.

Tripp vs Tesla: Help fund the fight organized by Martin Tripp

That's what's so great about this new reality where raising funds costs nothing and the brand is standing alone at the top. They can produce and sell literally ANYTHING they want, even a ridiculous looking truck....

Some folks say Cybertruck looks ridiculous. I say it looks as functional as a tank. But its looks will be largely irrelevant to two very large groups of buyers:

1) Truck buyers who use their vehicle for work. (Nothing else on the market approaches Cybertruck's announced functionality.)

2) Truck buyers who want their vehicle to be tough, not merely claim it in Super Bowl commercials. (Nothing else is literally bulletproof.)

Years ago when Anton Walhman was predicting Chevy Bolt would kill Tesla, I made a different prediction. I said Model 3 will do to Chevy Bolt what Model S did to Cadillac ELR. That seems to be happening.
Chevy Bolt sales decline for second straight year, a warning for Tesla competitors - Electrek

So I'll make another prediction now: Cybertruck will do to Ford F-Series what Model 3 did to Chevy Bolt.

I think (and Sandy Munro agrees) that Tesla will begin with 50K/yr Cybertrucks build at Fremont. Once demand is demonstrated (it'll be clear after a year), then they'll build a dedicated facility for 600k/yr,

After Sandy's appearance on Autoline Afterhours, Elon tweeted this:

"Munro’s analysis of Tesla [Cybertuck] engineering is accurate, both pro & con. I think he will appreciate some elements of the Model Y body design."

1:55 PM - 17 Jan 2020​

Tesla will does not need another Wall St. cap raise to build Cybertruck because they'll do it in stages. They'll barely even require those low-cost non-recourse loans from regional banks (but should take them anyway to assure local buy-in).

It's all unfolding exactly as laid out in the secret Secret Master Plan. :cool:

[Insert Mr. Burns Meme of choice here] :p

Cheers!

Is Space in Fremont 3D or 4D?